the Rift

[OPEN] there could never be a more beautiful you

Resplendence Posts: 466
Hidden Account atk: 4.5 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Equine :: 14.1 hh :: eight (ages in frostfall) HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Valiance :: Common Red Dragon :: Fire Breath Abba
Resplendence

one day i'll be stronger than my own doubt
Okay, so let's be honest. Resplendence was tired. Sleep had been minimal until this past night, when Quilyan had returned. Yes, Kaj had been at her side at night - wing draped over her to protect her from her own daemons, just as her heat tried to help him bade those which plagued his soul. But, last night it had been Quilyan's wing, the feeling of his locket as it pressed against her fur, and the feeling of young Rue near them. It was all that she had wanted.

Alas, it was the sound of a white bear which woke her. Her mind, though it took a second, finally recognized it as Kota's. So, Valiance took off after the white one - having to stay close by to keep him from blending in with the snow that was covering the Falls. And, the image which was flashed across their bond was that of Kota in the late stages of birth. Ah, so the mare did consider her a friend. Either that or she wanted to make sure she didn't die in childbirth. But, uh, Resplendence was going to go with the prior option rather than the latter. Seeing Quilyan stirred from his sleep, she filled him in and told him to stay with their daughter. Then, as she left she gave them both an 'I love you' before galloping off after Valiance.

Valiance had taken a spot near Lakota's head, offering a few clicks to alert the new mom that Resplendence was on her way. Still, that was all the noise from him as he allowed her to do whatever it was pregnant mares did. He still didn't understand, and he really didn't feel like being chased off.

Then, when Resplendence finally arrived she stood off to the side, quiet and (for the most part) hidden in the shadows. There was no glow radiating off of the glitter which shed from her mane and tail because she was not nearly at ease with Ktulu around. She says no words, simply hovers. Valiance offering a small brush of his wings against the mare's withers to alert her of Resplendence's arrival. Should her healing abilities be required, the 'Kitten' was now present. Still, she knew that the rest of the Grey would probably arrive - and she could only assume they would probably not want her near. So, she'd just wait for the time being, and be sure she wasn't needed.

And, somehow, regardless of the fear, she managed to keep a gentle smile curving her lips.
Image Credit
When I'm ready to fall
You're the one always holding me up
With love

Messages In This Thread
RE: there could never be a more beautiful you - by Resplendence - 06-16-2015, 01:43 AM