the Rift

[OPEN] let your eyes consume the beauty

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
A S H A M I N
Back on His Feet
At last, Ashamin could begin the journey home. He wasn't even sure how he had gotten so far away from that cold, magnificent place. How had he found that stallion, that leader, and how had he entered that challenge? How, before, had he rescued the egg that he held now to his breast from nothing? And how, how had the little filly healed him with her gold and precious blood?

Ashamin had taken another night in the grove to steady himself and prepare for the journey home, but now he was ready. In his sleep, snow had begun to fall. And when he opened his eyes, he found the lids heavy with the white flakes that had gathered there. He stretched, his long tail lifting up from the frost and scattering flakes with it. After a moment, he reached down to nose the little egg, wrapped tight and warm in the cloth little Zahra had made for him. There, the small deer was safe.

And now that Ashamin himself was healed and the stiffening ache was leaving him, he was at last able to care for the creature. He smiled, his lips pressed against the shell. "I can't wait to meet you, little 'panion," he would murmur at night, and he murmured now, again. Whoever the creature inside was, whether he was the black deer he had seen in his vision or another, Ashamin awaited his hatching with bated breath.

The buck had only taking a few careful steps, testing his own strength as he walked along the shore of the grove lake, before he heard the sounds of another. Whinnies and the muffled sound of a gallop caught his attention, and his ears perked with interest. "Let's see who it is, little one," he spoke to the egg, beginning a slow trot as his words trailed off. His long tail, now scabbed in the place of its small injury, waved behind him and helped him keep his balance. He was healed, but not altogether patched; he still had some adjustment to do.

The treeline arrived like a tunnel to carry him home, and he entered the patches of snow-covered shadow beneath it with pleasure. It was good, Ashamin thought, to be headed North. Someday, perhaps when he was home, the little deer's egg would crack and break open, and he could show his new companion the life they could lead together. For now, he traveled only with its sleeping figure, small and locked within its orb.

But another figure soon appeared to keep him company. Or, perhaps he would do that for her. He met her whinny with one of his own--soft and subtle, gentle, but not altogether lacking confidence as usual. Something about his fight with Torleik, as battered as he had come from it, had given him confidence. He felt, in the wake of it, stronger. And meeting Zahra had reminded him, too, that innocence lay in others, and that he was no alone in his inexperience.

"Faith," he called out to the mare, the vocal greeting something he usually thought but rarely said. Ashamin carried his body closer to her, making out the unique manner of her appearance as he drew nearer.

As if being blue was not unique enough, the mare was a particularly special shade of blue: the brightest of blues, the blue of nature. Her darker points were signs that in her lay the genetics of something more natural like himself, but he could see only the unique way her coat showed stripes like it was water-struck, and the few scales beneath her bright eyes. Her tail was like his, if his had been beautiful--long and lion-like, but more magnificently plumed.

And she was a unicorn, too, and he noticed that right away. Was she of the Basin? He had seen only other unicorns there, and was beginning to think it was the only place they chose to reside. He shrugged off the thought, hoping he might learn later, and extended his cheek forward to touch in greeting as he closed the gap between them.

"I am Ashamin," the buck offered, feeling that to say anything else would be a waste of breath, to keep quiet a waste of the time that he had. "It is lovely to find another in this wood," Ashamin spoke. He was struck by the smooth tones in his voice and the easy way he spoke. What had that one spar done to him, other than tear up his leg? He cast a glance back at the injury now, noting the magnificently wretched scars. He could still picture them gaping and bloody, but they were now sealed and bright gold, just marks of a past hurt.

He wasn't to address the limp, so slight in his slow movements that it hardly pervaded his consciousness. He wasn't to think of his failures and how he had done this to himself, how he had frozen when he should have ran.

Ashamin was to think only of the lovely unfamiliar mare before him: the one with the striking white eyes and horn to contrast his black, haunting ones. She was his company now, and if he had the luck to have encountered another member of the Basin, perhaps she was his company home.

If it's confidence from injury then
bite me, let the blood flow!

I will learn from you the things
I never thought my father knew

I will bleed and bite and wander
home, to rise up, fast and true.

[[Tagged: Tiamat. Just so you know, I got approval to bring her back to the Herd Meeting where he's headed if you want them to go together :) ]]
(table by Tamme)

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
let your eyes consume the beauty - by Tiamat - 06-12-2015, 08:21 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Ashamin - 06-13-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Tiamat - 06-13-2015, 11:49 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Ashamin - 06-14-2015, 10:16 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Tiamat - 06-15-2015, 05:53 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Ashamin - 06-18-2015, 10:44 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Tiamat - 06-22-2015, 07:05 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Ashamin - 06-24-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Tiamat - 06-27-2015, 03:42 AM
RE: let your eyes consume the beauty - by Ashamin - 07-01-2015, 05:27 PM