[PRIVATE] but in the dark I have no name

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
     Rohan

The rugged stallion is a wanderer.

Or, perhaps more aptly, an explorer.

While he does enjoy harboring the knowledge of having a home to return to, and familiar borders to protect him should some ungodly disaster happen, he can hardly fathom the thought of lingering in once place for an extended amount of time—weeks, bearable yes, but years? (A year?) No. Even during his years in Etherim, where he had grown up, he had roamed his father’s kingdom frequently. More than once he would not be found among the royal, echoing halls as his family called for him—having left to cavort with some new mystery (likely involving a filly).

They are all distant memories now—pushed away, forcibly locked into a dark, secreted place—but they still root something inherent within him. The desire, the need, to discover—to push the limits. To be entertained. The more he discovers about himself, the easier it is for Rohan to forgive himself for his betrayal. He is not a ruler, not yet—perhaps never. It is not for the sake of his father that he has warred inwardly with his decision, but for the sake of the people…for Iofiel.

It is better this way, he is sure now.

This certainty, while still unstable at times, grows steadily stronger—it is a fluctuating, slow, and haphazard climb, but still a climb. Today, as it stands for now, is one of his better days. With the whole of Helovia at his fingertips, a blank map just itching to be revealed, the Warlander is eager to explore what wilds this strange world will have to offer.

He finds himself wandering into the mouth of a gaping cave, his hooves thudding softly on the hard ground—what a relief it is to not trudge through a blanket of snow—and his eyes roaming every which way, trying to take it all in. Eventually he stumbles upon what seems to be a hole in the ground. Lowering his head, Rohan sniffs at it curiously, surprised to find that it is not stale dirt and decay that he finds. With hardly a hesitation in his gait, the antlered stallion steps forward, descending—because who wouldn’t want to wander down a mysterious hole in the ground?

The decline is much steeper than Rohan had anticipated, and he grunts as his legs stiffen, barely preventing him from tumbling down head first. Continuing a little more cautiously, he picks his way over the slippery rocks. Fluted ears prick inquisitively forward when he begins to feel heat, which gradually becomes more intense—during a warmer season, he might have turned back, but the warmth his welcomed as it relieves his chilled skin.

And besides, he is far too curious to turn back now.

When he reaches the bottom, the Warlander stops—it isn’t often that he is speechless (he is usually a rather vocal character), but the sight that lays before him is…well, he doesn’t exactly know how to describe it. Otherworldly.

notes; this is The Sanctuary cave!
    tag; @[Enna]
    “Speech.”

Art Credit
Table by Alex
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-13-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Enna - 06-14-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-15-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-18-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 07-09-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Enna - 07-21-2015, 03:19 AM