the Rift

[PRIVATE] but in the dark I have no name

Enna Posts: 172
Aurora Basin Time Mender atk: 6 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4
Mare :: Unicorn :: 14.1 :: 5 ( TALLSUN ) HP: 61 | Buff: NOVICE
Mehr :: Arctic Wolf :: None kels
Something had re-kindled your wanderlust. For what seemed like forever you had been content to stay within the Basin, huddling and shivering near the copse of trees that you had claimed as your own, whether anyone else was aware of it or not, basking in the solitude that it brought along with it. It gave you time to think. About what, you didn’t even know. So many thoughts, tiny details that you could recall that refused to fit in to any of the memories that you couldn’t seem to let go of. Maybe it was the way that the snow had steadily piled up, beginning to become cumbersome to move through, or the frigid howling of the wind despite living in the shadow of a mountain. You didn’t know that, either, but you were happy for it whatever it was. You didn’t notice before but your legs had ached, tired with lack of use, and your heart had grown heavier than you remembered it being.

It hadn’t occurred to you, either, that it might be one of your last chances to escape for a little while before the possibility of being snowed-in. So you wandered, finding mostly everything covered in the same white, and nearly featureless, the cold following you wherever you went. It is only when you spot a boy, seemingly as restless as you, moving along the monotony that you pause, watching as he begins in the direction of a gaping hole.

"Hey!"

The single word is insistent, filled with a borderline worry as the boy made of sand slips in to the darkness that, for some reason, you had been so keen on him avoiding. You sigh with an exaggerated annoyance, your quick steps picking up in to a rush of movement that pauses on the edge of the abyss. As you listen and nothing echoes back but the scramble of rocks, your eyes peering uselessly in to the darkness, the hint of adventure creeps through your veins, all of the previous objections that you held slipping slowly through your fingers until it is too much to ignore and your slight body tumbles carelessly after him.

"I was talKIOHHH" You begin coherently at first, but you, like him, do not expect the slope to be so steep and as a rock slips from under a dainty hoof, gravity catches you by surprise, throwing your words in to a blurring, sharp holler and you along with it. It is only seconds that you fall, skittering and rolling along the slope of rocks and mud and filth, but it easily feels infinitely longer, and as you come to a final crash against a hard surface amidst the heat and strange light and him you groan, picking yourself up without regard to the possibility of anything being hurt from your idiocy, alabaster locks tangled with mud and likely twigs, the rich brown of your skin probably a little lackluster now.

Your cheeks glow red-hot as the orange liquid pouring from the ceiling, heat emanating from it with a ferocity you never knew. "It’s beautiful, isn’t it?" You whisper, an apologetic smile creasing along your lips, trying to cover for the no doubt endless amount of noise you had made just seconds before.

Yeah, as if you could.

* mhmmm, this definitely fell apart. Dx I APOLOGIZE AGAIN.
@[Rohan]

please tag enna in every post
violence permitted barring permanent injury / death

Messages In This Thread
but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-13-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Enna - 06-14-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-15-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-18-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 07-09-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Enna - 07-21-2015, 03:19 AM