the Rift

[PRIVATE] but in the dark I have no name

Rohan Posts: 132
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 8.5 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 17.0 :: 8 years HP: 66 | Buff: NOVICE
Éomer :: White-tailed Eagle :: Scream Reli
     Rohan
    In his childhood, Rohan would often dream of the faraway places that stretched beyond Etherim’s borders. His mind would conjure many wonderful, fantastical things—but even in his wildest imagination, he would never have fantasized of something quite like this. As if an underground cave isn’t exciting enough, it is lit by the warm glow of lava—surging mightily from one wall to light the large cavern. He marvels at the way the red colors dance through the crystal wall that rises as a glassy barrier, distorting the image just enough to seem…magical. It is fascinating.

So engrossed is the stallion that he nearly misses the echoing jumble of words that warbles through the rocky tunnel behind him. One fluted ear flicks back at the sudden sound, but it takes a moment for his head to follow—the movement encouraged by the resounding of unsteady steps that ensues. Rohan tilts his head to the side, caramel brow furrowing in something of curiosity and confusion, and he begins to shift his hairy body to meet this bizarre stranger directly. What he certainly does not expect is for the figure to coming tumbling at him. He is just able to make out movement in the dimness, but by the time he realizes the speed and erraticism of the body, it is too late to react properly.

Pinning his ears against the back of his neck, Rohan whips his body around, attempting to remove himself from the line of fire, but all too soon something collides into his backend. With dark lips twisting into the snarl of a groan, he stumbles with the stranger along the stony surface. The Warlander steadies himself quickly, shaking the dust and rocks that have caught in his winter coat, whipping his tail sharply about his flanks as he turns to see just what kind of character would have such audacity

What he sees is not what he had anticipated. It is a petite mare, much smaller and daintier than his own lean bulk, with a build that nearly borders undernourished. She has a pair of antlers protruding from her brow, although they are not as mighty as his own. Her skin is a soft brown, contrasting vividly to the paleness of her hair. Sizing her up, Rohan quickly comes to the conclusion that she must have reached a considerable speed to move him as she did—fortunately, he doesn’t see the promise of bruises in the future.

Exhaling from his nostrils in a huff, the Warlander doesn’t respond right away to her sheepish comment, his green eyes weighing heavily. He notes the repentant curve of her lips, and her general lack of bulk, which finally leads him to concede that her rear-end fender-bender was merely a mistake. Even so, he can’t let her off so easily. “I assure you that a simple hello would have sufficed,” he drawls sarcastically, still a little miffed, his pride momentarily wounded. It isn’t everyday he gets knocked over by a woman. Pursing his lips as he shifts his weight, Rohan faces the cascade of flowing lava once more, his gaze flickering occasionally to the petite mare. “Yes…it is. I’ve never seen anything quite like it,” he murmurs, the light of the crystals reflecting across his face.

tag; @[Enna]
    “Speech.”

Art Credit
Table by Alex
[Image: 57c5195f31f1b_by_relibelli-db9li1z.png]
please tag Rohan in all replies!
magic & force is permitted, excluding death or permanent injury.

Messages In This Thread
but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-13-2015, 12:17 AM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Enna - 06-14-2015, 01:55 AM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-15-2015, 04:35 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 06-18-2015, 09:21 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Rohan - 07-09-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: but in the dark I have no name - by Enna - 07-21-2015, 03:19 AM