the Rift

[OPEN] WHO WE ARE

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds

Simple is as simple does and I’d always considered myself a simple man. It didn’t take much thought to be simple and perhaps that’s why it was best I wasn’t complex. I didn’t need to fester over intricate relationships or the politics of anything other than my own wants and needs. I didn’t care about the semantics of conversation or ulterior motives… I just was and would be simple.

It didn’t matter that Ashamin thought me a pompous ass or that his companion was just as muddled about all the things I’d presumed of them. I was nothing more than a simple man and there was no need to decorate what I was thinking. I guess that’s just how I operated and some time ago I’d learned to cope with how the outside world disagreed with it. If I’d had time to grow up as anything other than simple, I would have taken more initiative in the colorful world around me. I would have made an effort to perfect the art of chivalry or perhaps I would have desired a family… Sometimes I wish I’d grown up more complex like the rest of my species and not so separated as it were.

Even there, in the depths of a forest far too vast and shrouded in darkness, I felt suddenly bereft by the faces that accosted me. Neither of them understood me nor would they ever… In fact, I didn’t care what excuses they cared to spew in order to bridge some sort of understanding within their own minds. I didn’t care about their formalities or their mock kindness. Didn’t they know we lived in a world of complexity? They’d been trained to act accordingly and I… well I’d climbed another mountain. Where they were still working toward the top, I was staring down at them with a gallant smile. I’d perched upon Mt. Simplicity and ended up its namesake. “Friends, lovers, or strangers… they’re all the same,” I answered easily while looking each in the eye, one right after the other. “But, I’d like to go North. If that’s where you’re headed then I suggest we get moving, unless you’d like to remain here in the dark forest waiting for light.

At that, I turned away from them both, my ears pointed ahead as if I were the sole captain manning the helm. Neither of those plucky little twats was going to step up anyhow, no matter how complex they were.

Once, I turned to regard them with lost, emotionless eyes and I wondered… Were they really so complex and I so simple? Or was I just the opposite of what I’d always believed? They did as they were taught and nothing more and nothing less; maybe they were the simple ones… but where did that leave me?

Let’s go then.

Atlas

Save your light
image credits

@[Tiamat] @[Ashamin]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-13-2015, 01:09 AM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-13-2015, 07:39 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Tiamat - 06-14-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-14-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-16-2015, 11:00 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Tiamat - 06-17-2015, 07:34 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Atlas - 06-21-2015, 09:13 PM
RE: WHO WE ARE - by Ashamin - 06-24-2015, 10:41 PM