the Rift

[PRIVATE] You can run...

Gull Posts: 120
Absent Abyss atk: 5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16 hh :: 9 (Tallsun) HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Splat :: Royal Zephyr :: Phoenix Shady
Gull
Parelia steps away, and though it is a small gesture, you feel the sting of rejection. It’s another sharp reminder of the mares who’ve all slipped away in one way or another, a subtle warning not to become too attached. Enjoy her now as you may, one day she too will leave you—or you her—you tell yourself. It’s just best not to—

IS SHE ON FIRE?

You yell and jump back, just in time for her to give you a cheeky wink as she extinguishes herself. For a moment, you just stare at her, then a near hysterical giggle bubbles up in your throat. Suddenly, you’re gasping for air in a much different way. Your sides heave with laughter, and you can only look at her helplessly while you’re overwhelmed by your own mirth. The unexpectedness of it all strikes something within you, and your surprise at your own reaction only fuels the uncontrollable cackling. Oddly enough, something about the display of flames reassures you. Perhaps it was the mischief in her smile as she watched your reaction, or the care she took to keep you out of harm’s way, but you realize now that the gesture wasn’t malicious.

As if to confirm your thoughts, Parelia draws close once more, spreading her wings around you. By this time, your guffaws have quieted to sporadic chuckles, which intensify from time to time at the tickle of her lips on your skin. Standing still, you let her groom you, relaxing under her touch. “I hope I never make you mad, Firebug,” you tease, moving to run your muzzle along the length of her spine. “I have a feeling it wouldn’t end well for me,” you continue, smiling over her shoulder. “Friends don’t burn friends, I hope?” you ask playfully, reaching to tug the top of her tail.

No sooner than you grow bold, however, that the falcon swoops down to land on your rump. He makes no move to fly at your head or peck out your eyes, but his beady gaze seems to reprimand you and his long talons rest upon your skin with just the right amount of pressure, as if issuing a subtle threat. “Hey Firebug,” you implore, raising your head to glance around worriedly at the protective raptor, “Call off the watch bird?”

trouble just grew wings
Image Credit

@Parelia
Please do not tag Gull except for in opening posts or spars!

Messages In This Thread
You can run... - by Gull - 06-13-2015, 03:58 AM
RE: You can run... - by Parelia - 06-13-2015, 04:36 AM
RE: You can run... - by Gull - 06-14-2015, 01:03 AM
RE: You can run... - by Gull - 06-15-2015, 04:10 AM
RE: You can run... - by Parelia - 06-14-2015, 01:31 AM
RE: You can run... - by Parelia - 06-16-2015, 02:43 AM
RE: You can run... - by Blu - 08-09-2015, 01:29 PM
RE: You can run... - by Gull - 08-14-2015, 01:58 PM
RE: You can run... - by Parelia - 08-28-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: You can run... - by Gull - 09-04-2015, 04:37 AM
RE: You can run... - by Parelia - 09-05-2015, 05:01 AM