the Rift

[OPEN] Curiosity killed the cat

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

The wind came with a warning. It rocked the mare, sent her off to one side in the blink of an eye, would have brought her to the ground with a crash if it could. She was a skilled flier; reflexes were honed after a lifetime of sky-dancing. It took no more than a few quick adjustments to bring her back to the playful circle she had drawn previously, and it was with narrowed gaze she peered down at the new arrival. Suspicion grew into certainty as the female spoke, and the inked raven could have slapped herself for not thinking anyone would be awake.

Ah well.

Now, she may not be born and bred in a herd like so many of these Helovians were, but the blackbird had learned to recognize power and authority nevertheless. While she might have been tempted to call out the bratty snotrag for being too young to do anything but chase colts around meadows, she curbed her tongue and obeyed with a gracious smile. Path-worn hooves touched elegantly into the snow, and with similar levels of supple grace the shadow mare inclined her head to the Lady. The other two were summarily ignored - they looked visibly bolstered by the arrival of the lass, something that spoke volumes about their levels of power and confidence. Perhaps she might've had more fun playing around with them, but it was time to pull out the heavy artillery now, and no more use in dragging underlings around by the tail.

"My my, so young and yet in such a powerful position. Your parents must be very proud indeed!" Shadow smiled warmly at the unicorn, careful to rid her tone of any hint of mockery (though she had plenty of that to spare, should the Lady desire a bout). This one seemed a humorless sort, too preoccupied with her own importance to spare time for self-reflection. They were the most dangerous lot to deal with - she would have to be careful.

"I assure you, Lady of the Basin, I intended no harm upon your land or people with my games. You may call me old if you wish; I prefer to see myself as a free spirit, unbound by such insignificant things as age or dignity. What use is there in counting and collecting the years when living in the present is so much more enjoyable?"

She folded her wings gingerly, very careful not to let the piece of horn she kept hidden among the feathers slip. That would be a real mess indeed; if the Basin ever caught wind that she had in her possession the horn of their Empress... it wasn't exactly the kind of fun she enjoyed.

@Ashamin @Hotaru

shadow

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
Curiosity killed the cat - by Shadow - 06-14-2015, 09:16 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ki'irha - 06-14-2015, 12:23 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ashamin - 06-16-2015, 11:47 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Shadow - 06-17-2015, 09:57 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ki'irha - 06-17-2015, 07:17 PM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Ashamin - 06-20-2015, 09:22 AM
RE: Curiosity killed the cat - by Blu - 08-10-2015, 10:45 PM