the Rift

[PRIVATE] blessed and bleeding

Shadow Posts: 153
Deceased atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 4.5
Filly :: Hybrid :: 14.2 :: 8 HP: 63 | Buff: ENDURE
Chan

The guarded expression softened at his calm reply, matter of fact and reasonable. Shadow wasn't sure what she had expected, what she had wanted him to say, but this must be close enough. A soft breath rose in a cloud of glittering frost as she leaned into the embrace, relaxing despite the inner voice that told her it was madness to do so. What did she know about this stallion, this pale stranger whom she had never crossed path or word with before? Who was he, where did he come from, where was he headed?

Maybe he was as lonely as she, adrift in the world.

"I don't know" she replied slowly, watching as her breath twirled and coiled in on itself, a wisp of smoke turning from a snake to a dragon into a flock of restless birds before dissolving in the cold air. Who was it that left him behind? "Where would I go? I'm bound to this land, Vadim, I couldn't leave if I wanted to."

This was the place her son was born. Not the exact spot, mind, but the region, the realm. Helovia. If she had any chance of finding him, it would be here.

If...

But the thought of never again laying eyes on the child she so reluctantly had come to love was painful and with a shudder she buried it, pressing her face against the warm neck of her lover to erase the chill left in its wake.

When she had met Kari once more, knew that he was alive and well, maybe then she would be able to leave. Travel, visit foreign lands and old trekking paths, maybe find friends and family of old.

"If I did... would you come with me?"

Shadow smiled at the thought of introducing Vadim to her father. The old stallion would have been horrified at the lack of wings, the horn, the fact that someone had touched his daughter... The scene would be thoroughly amusing, but even as she mulled it over the blackbird didn't think it would actually happen. She might be a fool but she was not naive. This, whatever this was - happiness, self-indulgence, deceit of heart and mind - couldn't possibly be expected to last. For being a total stranger Vadim was pleasant, charming, comforting and she enjoyed his presence, but how long would he stand her, old and wild and burdened with the years? How long until she herself began to long for freedom, for wind under her wings and a new horizon? It wasn't like he could truly follow her, not without wings of his own...

Come to think of it, this was the second time she had chosen a unicorn to bed. Was it a sign, an omen, a premonition of times to come? Last time there had been an invasion followed by pregnancy. If she became with child this time... Shadow peered up at his face, allowing herself a moment to dream; of companionship and company, of friendship, of love...

"If you want me to, I can stay."

@[Vadim]

shadow

BronzeHalo.deviantart.com HP: 42
Healed

Messages In This Thread
blessed and bleeding - by Shadow - 06-14-2015, 12:21 PM
RE: blessed and bleeding - by Vadim - 06-14-2015, 03:27 PM
RE: blessed and bleeding - by Shadow - 06-14-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: blessed and bleeding - by Vadim - 06-16-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: blessed and bleeding - by Shadow - 06-17-2015, 08:54 AM
RE: blessed and bleeding - by Vadim - 06-24-2015, 10:10 PM