the Rift

[OPEN] It's as easy as...

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

"Then why are you here?" I asked when he said he wanted nothing from the withered old bats that were Helovia's Gods. "If you haven't come crawling and bowing and offering lip service, then what? Did you come to antagonize them?" I didn't understand why he was so hostile with me. Or why he felt it necessary to get right in my face and bark at me like an overconfident hound. It took a lot to get me angry, but I found more and more that I wanted to knock him down a few pegs.

"Let me tell you what a god did to me, girl"

And he proceeded to tell me that he begged a god to spare his mother's life. He told me how he told them he would do whatever they wanted him to do then he complained and whined to me about how they took everything from him and left is mother dead. Had he approached me in a different manner I would have felt sympathy for him. I would have offered my condolences and tried to figure out some kind of way to make him feel a little bit better because I like to think that I'm nice. I don't like to be mean to anyone, but he made me feel like I was backed into a corner. He invaded my personal space, yelled at me, and disrespected me.

"You got what you asked for." Came my cold response. It surprised even me, but I tried not to let it show. "You said you'd give them anything and they took everything. Don't blame me for what you did." I knew that I would only anger him further but at that point I really didn't care. I was tired of being yelled at and disrespected by someone I didn't know. Really, if I had known that the day was going to turn out as it had I would never have left the Throat.

"Who should I care about other than myself, when everyone around me is a fucking stranger? And let me tell you, respect is something you earn, not something that's to be taken for granted just because someone happens to have lived long or carry a fancy title."

When he tried to shove past me I stepped back and spread my wings to try and block his path. "I listened to you now you're going to listen to me." I said calmly. "You think you're the only one who's ever been wronged by a god? You're not. My brother was murdered by a god. My father was offered immortality and he was still taken away from me by a god, but I don't go around verbally attacking anyone. Grow up." I snorted and I glared at him because I still didnt' care if I offended him. "Everyone is a stranger because you make them strangers. You had every opportunity to make nice and be friendly with me when I came down this path. The only reason I even came down here was becuase I heard you and wanted to make sure you were okay, but all you did was verbally attack me. And as far as earning respect from anyone ... you have a very, very long way to go before you even have an ounce of it."

My wings folded back against my sides and I snorted my disgust at the jerk. This time I made to push past him and continue down the path because I had nothing left to say to him. But... I guess in a way I did feel a little bad for him and I wondered if I would be just as angry as he was if I didn't have others that I cared about in my life... and one in particular that I loved more than myself.

"."

@[Cathun]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-14-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-14-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-15-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-21-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-21-2015, 09:57 PM