the Rift

[OPEN] It's as easy as...

Cathun Posts: 88
Outcast atk: 6.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 3.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17.1 :: 3 HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Tai

It would have been easy to push past the girl. Just barrel on, push the large but weakly muscled wings aside and continue on. But he didn't. Instead he let her block his path, that inner voice mumbling reluctant praise, impressed with her spunk and courage. What might it be like to fight her, not with words but tooth and hoof, horn and rage? A mad urge to find out willed him forward still, not to push past but to continue the invasion of her space, to aggravate and push her buttons. She was a stranger like everyone else in this magic-tainted world, but even in the midst of his roiling anger he found her interesting. The way she stood up to him, how she spoke her mind, how the red eyes blazed in the light of the lava and his own snapping, crackling embers. She was beautiful in her anger, and Cathun found himself mesmerized by her.

"What do you mean here?" he asked, ears pinned in irritation. "How am I supposed to know that there's a fucking temple here, I have never set foot here before in my life. If I'd known I wouldn't have come within ten miles of the place, I assure you."

Her response to his revelations had been cold and cruel and the words still stung him, had him sucking in air through gritted teeth as though he'd been physically injured by them. He howled inside with the injustice, quivered as he struggled with the desire to scream in her face. But he reined it in, with great difficulty keeping his voice level - laconic, almost dry despite the roiling emotion that emanated from his being - and as she turned to leave just as he had, he mirrored the girl's choice and blocked the path, stepping in her way so that she would either have to stop or go around him to leave.

"What makes you think I want to - how did you say it - 'make nice and be friendly'? All that means is to feed the illusion that the world is a pretty place, and I'm not having any part in that. I'm not going to lie and say everything is alright when it's not, I'm not going to play house or curry favor with people I don't care about. You asked me a question and I answered it with the truth, and you will keep listening until I have nothing more to say!"

His lips curled into a nasty smile, one that made him flinch on the inside. She was right, he really was being a jerk. But it felt good to take it out on someone else, to spew out everything he'd kept bottled up. Like a rotting corpse it was festering in his mind, helplessness and fear adding to the mildew and mold that infested his soul, turned him bitter and sour and reckless.

"Why are you being such a good little obedient girl?" he taunted, hating how the storming emotions made him sound. "They killed your brother. They took your father away from you. Why are you even here, when you should be cursing their names and reject everything that has anything to do with them? Just because they're gods doesn't mean they're invulnerable! Take away their worshipers, topple their shrines, rescind all gifts they have ever made - see what happens. Why do you think they meddle with mortals in the first place? They need us, can't exist without us, or they will fade into nothingness."

"Even gods can be killed. Someone should turn the table on them, for once."

Cathun
The firebrand

» Magic and Violence is permitted at all times
» Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-14-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-14-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-15-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-21-2015, 09:10 PM