the Rift

[OPEN] It's as easy as...

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

My attempt at leaving was cut short by the jerk blocking the path down from the shrines. If I really wanted to I could have turned and headed back up the other way, ran until I got to the edge then jumped and flew away because then he couldn't follow me. But I didn't. I stood and listened to him say that he didn't want to make nice and be friendly because it was only an illusion that the world wasn't a bad place. I thought it was that messed up thinking that made him as bitter and angry as he was. "You're wrong." I said bluntly. "Being nice and making friends doesn't mean that you're pretending the world isn't as terrible as it is." I shook my head at him because I couldn't beleive what I was hearing. "If I didn't have friends I would have never been able to cope with my brother or my dad." I would be just as angry and hateful as he was and I didn't want to be like that. "I think having friends makes it a little bit easier to deal with the world and everything that's wrong with it because you're not alone." I didn't expect him to understand. If anything I expected him to spit more venom at me.

My ears tilted back when he smiled and then he asked why I was being such an obedient little girl. I didn't understand at first but then that I should be cursing their names and rejecting anything and everything to do with them. "I can't do that!" My eyes were wide and I shook my head. How could I reject anything that came from the gods when the one I loved the most was here because her father was a god? If I rejected the gods I would be rejecting Roskuld ... I couldn't do that. I couldn't. I wouldn't. I loved her too much.

And Toto ...

"My brother was a demigod... born from my mother and the God of the Earth." I said. "And my best friend... the other half of my heart is a demigod born from my aunt and the God of Spark." I figured he would hold it against me, that I was related to demigods ... that I was intertwined with them because I loved the children that they'd had with my mortal family, but I didn't care. I would love who I wanted to love regardless of what he thought. "I may not care much for the gods and I might not agree with what they do, but I won't reject them."

"They need us, can't exist without us, or they will fade into nothingness. Even gods can be killed. Someone should turn the table on them, for once."

I stared at him as he spoke and I found myself shaking my head. "You're wasting your breath talking to me about that" I said. My voice had taken on the cold edge it had just a few minutes prior. I couldn't imagine trying to kill a god. Really, I didn't want to. I didn't want to think about Ros' reaction if her father was one that was killed by some lunatic with a score to settle because gods in some other land did him wrong. I didn't want her to experience the same pain that I did when my dad died. If I had to fight him to protect her then I would do it without hesitation. "You're talking about murdering a mother and fathers... wouldn't that make you as bad as the gods that hurt you? The gods from wherever the hell it is you came from..."

"."

@[Cathun]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-14-2015, 08:00 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-14-2015, 11:59 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-15-2015, 12:35 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-15-2015, 02:43 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-17-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Ranjiri - 06-21-2015, 09:10 PM
RE: It's as easy as... - by Cathun - 06-21-2015, 09:57 PM