the Rift

Fool Me Once, Shame On You [Quest Return]

God of the Earth Posts: 287
Helovian Ancient
Stallion :: Equine :: 22.0hh :: Ageless
Admin

The GOD of the EARTH

earth god like quote here~

"I did it for my family, which apparently meant nothing to you.

"That is for your benefit Elsa. Why should your familial relations bare upon me?" He asked, with genuine sincerity. It was not his place to moderate her life, nor the lives that she loved or brought into this world. However much he might wish to, he could simply not interfere on such a minute level. It was not his place, no matter how much his heart might wish it.

"His entire life's work? The Falls you mean? Elsa, Midas hardly ruled those lands for more than a handful of seasons. I asked him to oversee the protection and growth of its inhabitants and he did so tremendously. The blame does not lay with me that the Falls fell to the Edge and the Basin. Midas pushed away the peace offered by the Basin and he directed his herd to attend to tasks other than fortifying the borders. Such was his decision. That it proved to be unsuccessful is nothing - Midas was not a tyrant nor a military commander. I never expected him to act as such - but he is with me now, and all has been forgiven and abided for. "

Her next string of questions made the God frown sadly. That she seemed so furious, so saddened by her perception of his absence heavied his heart. The God's warm emerald gaze wavered patiently as he let the mare speak, sighing softly as she concluded.

"You misunderstand my duties Elsa. Mine is not to watch over you and protect you. I am tied to the Hidden Falls, that is true, but never have I ever promised peace or protection. I am a God Elsa, not a King, and I have never professed to be more than I am. I watch and advise when called upon - but when Gods meddle ... well. You saw for yourself what happened. My sister murdered more than a handful, including my son. Before that my brother burned down half a forest and was banished. Your lives are too small for us - we would crush you without even realizing it. That is why we do not meddle. You were never a failure Elsa, nor was the Falls. You merely lost."

Patiently the God waited, dark and thick tail brushing against his rustic hocks.

CREDITS

Messages In This Thread
RE: Fool Me Once, Shame On You [Quest Return] - by God of the Earth - 06-23-2015, 06:29 PM