the Rift

[PRIVATE] a town called desperation --

Destry Posts: 95
Hidden Account atk: 5.0 | def: 8 | dam: 5.5
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16 hh :: 4 years HP: 63.0 | Buff: NOVICE
Yseult :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Wakiya Dark

The past few weeks had been purest serenity, my mind in a haze as I drifted over the landscape lazily, my thoughts carried away as I feel weightless. Inside of me grew a life I vowed to protect the young form, one Aurelia and I would raise together into a beautiful child. I watched the gentle colours dancing over the horizon, the water gently lapping at my feet. My skin grows numb against the freezing cold wind that combs through my hair, leaving it knotted against my thighs and neck as I turn away from the colourful sunset. My eyes shut gently, I begin to turn inwardly as I drown out the sound of rolling waves and the eager whistling of the Frostfall winds.

I recalled the moment of purest bliss, the caress of warm winds tenderly caressing my newly fertile being. I became a vessel, a carrier of the next generation. Yseult chirped happily in response to my giddy dance up the shore, hooves kicked out from beneath me as I skip and tousle through the sand with my mane carelessly fleeing in the wind. I felt alive, oddly enough. The stress was lifted from my being momentarily, and despite the feeling of it lingering above my shoulders, prepared to come slamming back down at any moment, I chose to ignore and obliviously ran rampant through the bitter Frostfall air.

I unfurl my wings, letting them stretch and extend as I bounce from the earth and glide a short distance before colliding with frigid wet sand once again. My bout of sprinting leaves me taking in deep breathes, nostrils flaring as sweat dribbles down my neck and into the eager white grains below. The carelessness is stripped away as my mind wanders to the precious new life I carry, the small gem that was to be the dawn of a new generation. The worry appeared when I realized Aurelia was outcast, the Throat name no longer worn by her. My heart sank at the thought that she wasn't going to come back, and obviously she needed to be present to raise her children. Struggling to fold my wings up comfortably, I edge my way away from the water, giving a gentle sigh. I wanted our child to be safe, and keeping them within a herd was something I desperately needed for my own sanity. But I could not manage to raise this child on my own, and I know Aurelia wants to play a role in our child's life. So what do I do?

"These soldiers are not here to kill you; They're here to protect you."
ooc: @[Aurelia] so they can discuss finding a home & such !! c:
word count: 429

Picture by lieveheersbeestje

we all look for heaven and we put our love first
somethin' that we'd die for, it's our curse

Messages In This Thread
a town called desperation -- - by Destry - 06-15-2015, 03:52 PM
RE: a town called desperation -- - by Aurelia - 06-15-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: a town called desperation -- - by Destry - 06-18-2015, 04:52 PM