the Rift

[OPEN] Finding my place (joining)

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

I'll fight to survive through this thunderous life
without you by my side

A call from overhead distracted both him and Lucius and they looked upward to see a figure with soft green wings loop around in the sky before returning to the other side of the channel that separated the Throat from the main body of Helovia. Visitors? Lucius started hopping around on Mesec’s neck, digging his talons into the flesh in his excitement - all four of his still-downy wings flapping as he tried to get his bonded to hurry forward and follow the figure. He was always so eager to meet someone new, this little zephyr, when all he did was hide in Mesec’s wings and peer out. Lucius enjoyed spying on others, not interacting with them, though he appreciated being noticed and admired. He was growing, getting bigger every day it seemed. Soon he would be too pick to perch atop the demigod’s head and his talons would do more than prick lightly at his skin.

“Alright, alright. Let’s go, little one.” His assent was met with a shrill call of delight and Lucius clamoured down to cling to the feathers covering Mesec’s withers. He was still learning to fly but risking his young wings over the water was not something that either of them were interested in doing.

On silver-lined wings they took off and coasted across, weaving through the pillars and over the ocean that was more grey than blue with the change in seasons. He saw there, on the far coast, not just the stranger he had seen fly overhead but a trio - all pegasi. His own nerves mingled with Lucius’ curiosity. Maybe it wasn’t a good idea - he had no position in the herd, yet, and would be of little help… though he could at least figure out who would be best to hunt down if they were looking for someone in particular.

Gracefully, Mesec descended on the coast just down from where the trio were standing and trotted the rest of the way toward them. In his now-folded wings, Lucius was settled happily - his head poking out between the folds of the two wings and with purple-ringed, silver eyes the zephyr regarded these strangers. As cold as his companion’s gaze was, Mesec’s own smile was warm when he came to a stop. “Hello! Welcome to the Throat. My name’s Mesec, can I help you with anything?” He had little doubt that Ampere, Gaucho, or one of the other warriors would be along shortly - the young stallion had circled above the Throat and called out before returning to the border. Perhaps someone with more experience in greeting visitors? For now, though he hoped that his nerves were not too obvious and that he could provide some help.

original html by rottie
picture by xdjurax at deviantart

@[Ilios], @[Kaj]
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 06-16-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Mesec - 06-21-2015, 09:14 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Gaucho - 06-21-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Areli - 06-21-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 06-22-2015, 01:30 AM