the Rift

[OPEN] Finding my place (joining)

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Stormbringer

Though she retained her silence, it was obvious that Areli was having quite a hard time with the current events. Kaj let her rage in her own quietude, knowing he could only deal with one thing at a time. Areli's meltdown would have to come later, because making a good impression for Ilios was far more important. It was not that the Czar was not sympathetic to her cause, her emotions. In fact it duly broke his heart to see her in such agony, such frustration. But he had sworn himself to Ilios, and he knew - as someone removed from the situation - that this was going to be good for the young stallion. Areli could not see that, and it was regretful, but so long as she behaved Kaj could save his energy to console her later in the fallout.

She was bustled behind him regardless, safe. So long as she remained there, his heart would not be forced into too much worry.

They were not left in solitude for long, as Kaj had anticipated. Gaucho was a fine man with a good sense of direction and leadership, and people seemed to follow him with ease and deep loyalty. There had never been any doubt that the tight ship effect was entirely voluntary, rather than the staple of a tyrant. The boy who approached could not have been more than Ilios' current age, but Kaj let a smile twist its way onto his lips regardless. He was proud to see the pale boy move forward to intercept the Throat member, taking the initiative but not enough to exclude Kaj from introducing himself. Pride nearly choking him, Kaj nodded to the newcomer respectfully.

"Greetings, Mesec. I am Kaj, Czar of the Hidden Falls." Another form on the horizon caught pale eyes, and Kaj turned to find Gaucho quickly descending, a familiar shape and color on the winter skyline. Fire seemed to permanently rest in his skin, imbued in hues of his bay color, and he was just as massive as Kaj. Rather hard to miss, especially when one was alert on the herd borders with a mission in mind. Kaj turned away from the conversation that would undoubtedly stall to proffer a smile to the guardian of the sands.

Though they were not close friends, Kaj held Gaucho in high regard. He was a good man from what Kaj knew of him, and the times they'd met had always proven fruitful and concise in a way Kaj was fond of. A fellow flier and lead, Kaj trusted him. Ilios would be safe beneath his care and guidance.

Speaking of the youth was quick to find his words once more, though Gaucho had not called upon him. Kaj sat back, awaiting patiently for the boy to finish before lending any of his own thoughts. "Hello, Gaucho," he greeted, warm but with a touch of formality. Lifting his nose towards Ilios, he continued. "Young Ilios seeks to join your ranks. I cam to vouch for him, to ensure his safety and speak for his abilities." Of course, there were always other benefits to visiting the Throat, but that could come a little later so as not to insult Ilios or Areli.

"He is a bright boy, and willing to work. He will follow you faithfully, I have no doubt." There was no need for extravagant words or flowery promises, for he spoke truth and there was nothing else necessary to convince Gaucho in his eyes. As someone who was similarly word-conscientious, Kaj doubted that Gaucho would mind.

@[Mesec] && @[Gaucho]
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 06-16-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Mesec - 06-21-2015, 09:14 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Gaucho - 06-21-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Areli - 06-21-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 06-22-2015, 01:30 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Kaj - 06-29-2015, 11:21 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Mesec - 07-09-2015, 10:06 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Gaucho - 07-15-2015, 10:18 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 08-07-2015, 05:26 AM