the Rift

[OPEN] Finding my place (joining)

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah

I'll fight to survive through this thunderous life
without you by my side

“Gladly.” He accepted the charge from Gaucho of showing around their newest herd member with a grin and a touch of pride - he had not been the most active of herd members lately and any chance that he had of actually helping was one that he would eagerly step up to do.

With a smile he reached out his silver and black muzzle to bump it gently against the pale brown of the younger stallion. “Welcome to the herd, Ilios.” It felt a little strange, playing the part that Ampere had for him - the host, the tour guide. He had not so quickly declared that the members of the Throat were his family, but then he had been afraid that he would not be accepted by them. Mesec had come to the Throat followed by his usual cloud of uncertainty and self-doubt but a quick conversation with Gaucho had dispersed most of it. He stepped back when the younger filly came forward, wanting another moment with her brother to say goodbye. He could not begrudge either of them that, and looks away to give them a moment of privacy while she gave Ilios a hug.

When they were done, he returned to stand beside Ilios once more and reached to give him a bump on the shoulder with his muzzle, this time in an effort to be comforting. “Come along, it’s a short flight to the island.” Stepping away again, he unfurled his silver-lined wings and - checking to ensure that Ilios was following - picked up a trot and beat that great wingspan to return to the air.

Instead of landing directly on the other side of the watery expanse that separated the Throat from the rest of Helovia, Mesec moved further inland, coasting low over the surface of the lake before finally landing among the grasses and reeds that lined the oasis near the Dragon’s Blood.

A cool breeze stirred up the surface of the lake, scattering the sunlight there, and stirring the plants that crowded around their legs. Lucius, knowing that they would not be flying anytime soon, crawled out from Mesec’s back and perched atop his head, crowded the crooked horn that was there and peering at Ilios with what could either be loathing or curiosity in his bright, moonlight gaze. “When I first came to the Throat, just in the most recent Tallsun, I thought this place was going to be a desert.” He chuckled now, reaching down to brush the soft grass with his muzzle - he had obviously be proven very wrong. Frostfall was a distant memory here, only increasing the number of dust storms, but on clear days like today there was no spot in Helovia as beautiful as where they stood now. “Have you given any thought to which of the ranks that you’d like to join?”

original html by rottie
picture by xdjurax at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 06-16-2015, 10:25 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 02:27 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Mesec - 06-21-2015, 09:14 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Gaucho - 06-21-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Areli - 06-21-2015, 02:22 PM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Ilios - 06-22-2015, 01:30 AM
RE: Finding my place (joining) - by Kaj - 06-29-2015, 11:21 PM