the Rift

[OPEN] And This Is How We Break | Kaj

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
Quilyan

The world is bright and clear when he opens his eyes.

It is morning. Resplendence is tucked under his wing, leaning against his barrel, her golden eyes still closed in sleep. He smiles slightly, a tucked-away kind of smile, the private grin of a stallion waking beside the love of his life. Rue is nearby, sleeping, just as she was when they arrived the night before. He doesn't want to wake her, not yet. Resplendence, though, he cannot help but rouse as he rises carefully to his feet, slipping out from beneath her, leaving his wing to trail over her side.

She starts, blinking sleepily up at him. "Where - where are you going?" she asks, a hint of panic creeping into her voice. She must imagine he will disappear, never to return, and he feels a twinge of guilt. Still, he has something that he must do, someone that he must find. "Go back to sleep, princess. I'm not leaving the Falls, I promise. I want to find Kaj, that's all." She smiles at him, laying her head back down, probably imagining that her mate wants nothing more than to thank the golden steed for bring Rue home.

He waits a moment, watching her fall back asleep, his eyes softening despite the fury threatening to burst forth from the steel vault he imprisoned it in the night before. He lowers his muzzle, tracing a line across her cheek before turning away. He tries to keep his steps quiet as he skirts out of the garden, picking his way across rocky ground and past waterfalls.

Zarina perches in her usual place on his withers. -This is a bad idea,- she informs him, her mind-speech laced with disapproval. -Kaj is not your enemy. He is your brother.-

The prince snorts. My brothers are dead, he tells her coldly. And no brother would try to gain favor with their sibling's mate.

She chitters angrily. -You don't even know that's what he was doing!-

And what else would it be?

-Hmm, let's see... he's the leader of the herd. Not to mention he sees her - and you - as his friends. He loves her,- she pauses to ignore her bonded's snort of derision before continuing firmly, -But not like you do. This is a bad idea.-

Quilyan ignores her. "Where are you, Kaj?" he mumbles into the roar of the falls.

"Talk talk talk."

@[Kaj]
lumibear
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 06-16-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 06-18-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Kaj - 08-05-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 08-11-2015, 03:13 PM