the Rift

[OPEN] And This Is How We Break | Kaj

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Stormbringer

The air seems to sting against his skin as he stands there before his long lost, finally found brother. He is still wet, though disgustingly cheerful throughout his suffering. Surely he looked like a drowned dog, despite his hulking musculature. The wind was as cold as the water, and though he would likely be accumulating icicles later in the evening, it was well worth the tremulous seizing of his muscles to see his brother in arms returned to their proper fold. He stood trembling before him, shameless, grandeur stripped away - what little it was that clung to him through title alone. Quilyan had always known him as but a man, from the moment they'd first met in the lowly ranks of the field. A brotherhood forged through pain and sweat, jelly limbs and pounding pulses. He'd not portray himself as anything more before the comprehensive gaze of his friend. 

Any pervasive chill is washed away by the warmed breath that meets his own, scents interlocked and shared anew, velveteen muzzle soft against his own. Smile curved higher against pale lips, relief washing over his shoulders and kneading tension away as surely as Valiance's claws had when Kaj had stubbornly carried Rue home over his withers. His family was finally whole and home, safe where he could keep an eye over all of them without worry. 

Comforting blanket shifts momentarily, something recognizing the tension in his brother's face and gaze. Darkness steeped in vibrant pools. Head tilted slowly to the side, smile beginning to dwindle, a candle flame beneath a heavy wind. It vanishes beneath the bite of chilled words, snapping before his muzzle like a savage dog. Kaj flinched away from it, recoiling as if physically struck. Eyes bewildered he stared uncomprehendingly down upon his painted friend, wondering what he had done to inspire such barbarism. 

"There was an invasion," he spoke slowly, caressing the words as slowly on his tongue as they formed in his mind. Carefully. Without knowing what he'd done to spurn Quilyan so, he would have to tread carefully. "I wasn't allowed to leave, and I couldn't find you to inform you after we began our preparations. Then Rue went missing, and you left to find her, and I had to stay and start building. Make sure there was no uprising." How had he failed yet again? It was like deja vu, a flashback to when he'd had a similar heated argument with Resplendence. Why didn't you look for me? Why did you let me leave? Did they think he was all-seeing, omnipotent? He was a mere man, with shoulders too small for the heavy weight placed upon them. Kaj had duties, requirements, red tape that restricted him at every turn. They had always known that, why did they not then understand how he suffered at being unable to run off and find them at his every whim?

"As soon as I could spare the forces I had everyone scouring the land for you and Rue, under the pretense of patrols. I wish we had found you sooner, I'm sorry Quilyan, I don't know what I've done to anger you." Anguished, his ears drooped upon his crown, eyes crinkled nervously at the edges and brow drawn low with emotion. What had he done now? He had tried everything. Apparently his everything was not enough. 

Quilyan
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 06-16-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 06-18-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Kaj - 08-05-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 08-11-2015, 03:13 PM