the Rift

[OPEN] And This Is How We Break | Kaj

Quilyan Posts: 206
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 16.2 hh :: 10 (ages in Orangemoon) HP: 62.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Zarina :: Pygmy Marmoset :: Quantum Leap ChaoticMelodies
Quilyan

Zarina is displeased with her bonded, and she is not afraid to let him know just what she thinks of his little temper tantrum.  She shrieks at him across the bond; when she feels him shut her out, she decides that she will shriek out loud.  With an angry hiss, she begins to chatter at him, scampering along his nape to perch on his poll.  She grabs a chunk of his forelock, boxing his ears with her tiny paws, all the while emitting the most horrendous lecture.  Of course, he can't understand her words this way, but surely he will understand her point.  When he grows more annoyed, his rage redirecting at her, she elects to leap the gap toward Kaj, aiming to latch onto a piece of mane and crawl to his poll, muttering dark.

The worst thing is that she feels the stab of guilt that enters Quilyan's breast as Kaj offers an explanation and an apology, the knowledge that he really has no right to be angry - and yet he is still being an idiotic, childish little git about it.  He glares at her, weighing his options for a moment, turning words over on his tongue and seething about the perceived wrongs his brother-in-arms has committed.  Kaj doesn't know what he's done to anger the painted steed, and, truth be told, Quilyan doesn't really know either.

Everything in Kaj's posture speaks to his anxiety over the situation, and as the prince stands before the Stormbringer, he realizes just how much the past few months have been for his friend.  Even the best of rulers can't be the best at everything all the time - and yet, here Quilyan is, berating the stallion for something that wasn't truly his fault.  His lips tightened as he fought with the desire to make amends and the stubborn urge to cling to his anger, his eyes narrowing and his ears tightening against his skull.  After a moment, he sighed, looking down and away from Kaj, allowing his posture to loosen and his fury to abate.

"It's me, Kaj," he admitted finally.  "I am angry, but at myself, and I used you as a scapegoat.  That wasn't fair of me.  I'm so sorry."

"Talk talk talk."
lumibear
Please tag Quilyan in all replies.
Use of force and/or magic (with the exception of death) is allowed at all times.

Want to plot with Quilyan? Visit his plot page here!

Messages In This Thread
And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 06-16-2015, 11:51 PM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 01:19 AM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 06-18-2015, 12:19 AM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Kaj - 08-05-2015, 11:39 PM
RE: And This Is How We Break | Kaj - by Quilyan - 08-11-2015, 03:13 PM