the Rift

[OPEN] This Was Over Before It Began

Morrigan Posts: 93
Hidden Account atk: 4 | def: 7 | dam: 7
Mare :: Equine :: 16 hands :: 7 Orangemoons HP: 63 | Buff: NOVICE
Pongo :: Bongo :: None Xyroca
Morrigan

A shiver ran down my spine, every hair on my body standing on end in an attempt to block out the chill of the winter air. Many new just how hot the desert could be, but unless you lived in the Dragon's Throat, one could hardly grasp just how could it could be. I was thankful for the massive amount of hair that draped over my back like a coat, but I did feel sorry for my young companion. Scarlet eyes glanced down towards the bongo, the rust colored antelope keeping as close to my body as he possibly could. We had been on our own for quite a while now, wandering deep into the desert to allow my mind the time it needed to relax. Rarely would we see another, minding our own business and steering clear of the herd for what was probably months by this point. I'm not even sure why I felt that I so desperately needed the distance, but I felt better now.

With Pongo at my side, the nightmares I used to have were slowly diminishing. They never completely faded away, always lingering in the back of my conciense like a wolf in the shadows. But my little companion could put them to rest, cuddled up in a little ball next to me while I slept. The time away not only helped to clear my head of certain...issues that I had been trying to forget about, but also to strengthen my bond with Pongo. After all, it was Pongo's idea to return to the herd. To be honest, I think he was beginning to miss watching some of the others. As did I. No matter how much we both enjoyed our time alone, we still enjoyed to pass time by watching others. Plus, what if I was needed?

The thought that a member of the herd being in need while I was gone sent a pang of guilt through my chest, my auds flicking back as I realized that even though I was always around, I had essentially abandoned them for my own selfish needs. A little bump on my leg shook me from my thoughts, Pongo had headbutted me to get my attention away from the guilt. Soon, the scents of others bold old and new filled my nose. I was close. I was home.

OOC: Rusty writing...Table by the amazing Wanda!
[Image: spiderglowingsoftly_by_schwartze-d82gn7s.gif]

Verbal/Physical Abuse permitted, no permanently injuring or killing please.

Messages In This Thread
This Was Over Before It Began - by Morrigan - 06-17-2015, 12:16 PM
RE: This Was Over Before It Began - by Sikeax - 06-17-2015, 04:32 PM
RE: This Was Over Before It Began - by Morrigan - 06-17-2015, 09:48 PM