Warm and by the firelight,
Let us share our stories.

I will bear my differences,
exchange for them enlightenment,
and with a whisper, here or there,
a flickering flame or spark,
we can make a time of this,
speak, and I will hark.

Once again, Ashamin was to ruin Johnny's plans.

Not knowing that the queer little candy stallion was looking to acquire a so called 'hottie' to stand by his side, Ashamin took the role with ease. He had followed the hoofprints and the smell of candy towards these fiery festivities. When realizing with slight dismay upon arrival that Johnny was the only one he had said more than two words to, he immediately attached himself.

Now, with his sarong weighted by his kicking, fussing, sleeping companion and a tiredness tugging at him once more, Ashamin was happy for the warmth of flames after so long a journey. He was reminded of his own fire, and of the fact that it would surely need much tending when he returned. Maybe then, when he went home to that warmth, he would see his companion's eyes open again.

Ashamin sidled up alongside the sugar-stallion with ease, finding himself dangerously close to a tiger-striped stranger, and offered his cheek to the one he knew in greeting. His long tail curled forward, reaching to bump against his older, weaver company's hock--perhaps the tesla coil let off an errant spark. It would have been harmless, really, just a little buzz of attention. Johnny's scent and the peppermint along with it was overwhelming, Ashamin still couldn't decide if he found it pleasant or overwhelmingly odd.

The warm bonfire-sides hummed with activity. He spotted a host of unknown creatures, and some he knew as well. He mostly noticed the same ones he'd noticed at the main gathering for the event. Once again, the black-winged trespasser was here. She only hoped he would hold nothing against him. She was quiet, but many others chattered and he listened with curiousity, glancince briefly at dragons and wings and one-eared beauties. It was odd to see so many other species--he had grown quite used to the company of unicorns alone.

"Good to see you, Johnny," Ashamin murmured to the familiar stallion before turning his face down to bury it in Lochan's soft baby fur. He perked up his ears and listened with shut eyes and his side glued to the white and red one that he knew, and he surveyed for information.

And as luck would have it, the rather odd ear-winged mare beside him was a diviner. Though he wasn't entirely certain of the meaning of the title, Öde's appearance and questioning answered all questions. A diviner? One who communed with the Sun God, then? The painted stallion straightened and coughed, nudging towards the mare's neck in hopes that he might attract her attention, but not loudly interrupting the curious Öde .

"Maren?" his voice is quivering, in part with the cold and in part with an old, familiar nervousness. "I am Ashamin, the Aurora Basin Haruspex," he introduced, somewhat shy but trying to drum up confidence for appearances' sake. "I would love to speak with you about your role and God, if my fellow Basin member here will abide my joining," he proposed with a flicker of his deep black gaze towards Öde.

The deer in his sarong stirred and kicked; Ashamin turned back to Johnny, hoping the familiar weaver might back him up and join the conversation. Lastly he settled on Öde --so curious, so strange, so oddly scarred at such a young age. This was a curious gathering, and he hoped he might learn something from it.

[[Tagged for interactions: @[*Johnny], @[*Maren], @[Öde].]]
ASHAMIN
image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Destrier - 06-17-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Maren - 06-20-2015, 08:49 AM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Rohan - 06-20-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Johnny - 06-20-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Öde - 06-22-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Shadow - 06-23-2015, 08:12 AM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Ashamin - 06-26-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Maren - 06-29-2015, 11:55 AM