the Rift

[OPEN] Gather Round the Campfire [WW]

Kaj The Aurelight Posts: 381
Hidden Falls Conscript atk: 4.0 | def: 9.0 | dam: 7.5
Stallion :: Pegasus :: 17.2hh :: 8 Years 9 Months HP: 69.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Arabella :: Common Zephyr :: Wakiya Brit
Kaj
the Stormbringer

The Czar had not anticipated such fervent desire for the warm beverages, or he would surely have stuck around to attend to the rather pointed demands.

Of course not.

Kaj had left quite promptly to begin the flighted races, of which had garnered no more than two contestants. Though Ampere's vigor was admirable, and had nearly prompted Kaj to join in on the races himself, there was simply no competition to be had. Sadly he'd had to put an end to that particular festivity, hoping for the sake of the success of the festival that the others would not be so fantastically dreadful. Instead he had calmly handed out the prizes the two had garnered, out of fairness more than the fact that they'd managed to succeed at anything. Kaj felt pity for the fact that they likely felt the same - a consolation prize in the end and nothing more.

His apologies had been equal to his thanks for their participation, and in the end the three had split ways to enjoy - hopefully - other parts of the festival. And so Kaj had returned to the campfire, lugging behind him a vat of warmed tea. Isopia's springs had been vital in creating it, effectively boiling the water and the various mints and herbs Resplendence had happily supplied. Kaj fondly wondered if it was because she wanted some of it for herself when the time arose.

Destrier had helped him with securing the ropes around it, considering it was he who had lugged the old garden from the Edge during the blight that had stricken the land. Kaj was hoping to arrive soon enough to preclude any further disaster from women in waiting who would rather warm their bones at the fires he'd supplied and complain than anything else. But of course Kaj was a gentleman and not targeting a singular individual in mind - nor was he fully aware of the complaints. But we digress.

Thick, flat, woven strands lay against his straining frame, pulling the horribly heavy vat behind him with each stubborn hoof ahead of the other. Wings were tucked tight to his bodice, angled forward and hunching his broad shoulders against the weight behind him, drawing it ever onward. Golden coat gleamed with perspiration, accentuating a rippling physique that shone with health even in the winter that had taken over them. Sharp azures kept track of where the thickest throng of gatherers was, pulling ostentatiously towards their heart with the liquid sloshing mockingly behind him. Huffing before them Kaj stopped, letting the ropes drop from his frame and stretching what was sure to be sore by morning, languid and uncaring for a mere moment.

Then handsome, winsome smile was once again upon his maw, eyes twinkling jovially. My apologies, I had to organize the flying race. I hope I've not left you parched too terribly long, he excused himself gently. Feeling his sweat drying nicely near the bonfires he tipped his nose towards the stone vat with a flick of his ears and a smile. I do hope you will enjoy it. With that he turned and strode towards Resplendence and Destrier, muscles pleasantly aching and warm in the chill.

OOC here
IMAGE CREDIT

credit bronzehalo
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Kaj - 06-17-2015, 10:30 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Destrier - 06-17-2015, 10:46 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Maren - 06-20-2015, 08:49 AM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Rohan - 06-20-2015, 06:54 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Johnny - 06-20-2015, 09:09 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 01:10 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Öde - 06-22-2015, 10:47 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Shadow - 06-23-2015, 08:12 AM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Ashamin - 06-26-2015, 04:08 PM
RE: Gather Round the Campfire [WW] - by Maren - 06-29-2015, 11:55 AM