the Rift

[OPEN] Fire loathes the ice [Patrol]

Mesec the Nightwind Posts: 476
World's Edge Glazier atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Tribrid :: 16.3hh :: 7 years old HP: 76 | Buff: NOVICE
Lucius :: Royal Zephyr :: Roc & Lyra :: Common Kitsune :: Dreams Sarah
-

At Gaucho’s question, Mesec smiled and his silver eyes flickered up to look at what he could see of the down-covered companion. “Yes. This is Lucius. He… we found each other recently.” Although he had intended to explain that Lucius had been a gift, the explanation of who from made him shy away from touching the subject any further. They had cleared up the air regarding Mesec’s guilt about what had happened last year when his mother possessed Gaucho, but he did not think it polite to cast around casual mention of the dark goddess. More than that, though, he was embarrassed and ashamed to admit that he had accepted what may very well turn out to be a bribe from his mother. He had been scolded by her messenger for just those thoughts as well - leaving him no less confused about his feelings towards that unearthly parent than before.

Luckily, Lucius got his attention when the zephyr started flapping his four wings to imitate what Vorsa was doing. He called back to her, his voice in a surprisingly low octave despite his age. There was nothing shrill about that call, one day - it would command attention. He had not yet seen another zephyr and, though he would not admit it, admired the elder companion in her fiery glory. Maybe he might have managed to get a little bit of lift if he would just let go of the death grip that he had on the twisted black horn of his bonded - but those pale feet were not loosening their grip.

Mesec just wanted to shake his head to see if he could loosen that iron grip but worried about sending the young zephyr flying off into the snow. “It’s so strange, having to care for something so small… though I don’t think he’ll be depending on me for much very soon. Those talons will be able to rip hearts out soon enough.” Worry creeped into his voice as he spoke about Lucius - he did not know how big the zephyr was going to get. He knew there were some companions that behaved wildly, causing problems. He might have asked Ampere for suggestions on how to teach Lucius but he had been steadfastly avoiding his friend ever since the egg had hatched. 

Mesec's attention turning back to Gaucho, he remembered that there was something he had been meaning to bring up with the Sultan. “Oh, I’ve been speaking with Cera, and I’d like to join the ranks to help the herd as a crafter - if that’s still alright.” He wanted to be as useful as possible in the Throat, and hoped that they could use some crafters.  “We… the other demi-gods and I recently found out that we had some innate healing powers that I can contribute should the need ever arise as well.” Peace never seemed to be overly constant in Helovia, though if anyone could maintain peace in their lands he had faith that it was Gaucho. He remembered how Aithniel had been there at the herd meeting, asking him who everyone was.

Mesec & Lucius

original bird shape by lukeroberts at deviantart
please tag Mesec in replies
non-life threatening force is allowed at all times

Messages In This Thread
Fire loathes the ice [Patrol] - by Gaucho - 06-18-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: Fire loathes the ice [Patrol] - by Mesec - 06-21-2015, 05:29 PM
RE: Fire loathes the ice [Patrol] - by Gaucho - 07-15-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: Fire loathes the ice [Patrol] - by Mesec - 08-11-2015, 07:39 PM