the Rift

[OPEN] I'm not crying; it's sand in my eyes

Hawke Posts: 26
Hidden Account
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17.2 :: 1.5 Years || Orangemoon
Hades :: Greater Sooty Owl :: None Tribs

Hawke watched a storm rage across the sea, his blue eyes impassive. The owl rested on his haunches, his black gaze watching the storm as well. Ever careful was he of the new scar upon Hawke's croup, the small burn long since faded, yet it's memory did not. However Hawke was not concerned with this, more concerned with the sight of the storm raging over the sea, whipping it into a frenzy.

"We cursed?" He asked the owl, who could only watch Hawke, ever silent save the gentle turning of his emotions. Solemn was the bird and solemn was the boy, however Hawke felt as far from solemn as one could get.

They stared. When night fell none would near him save those of blood. When night fell they whispered, whispered with words Hawke did not know but he felt their meaning. Felt the strange looks.

Felt the loneliness as others shied from his touch.

The boy stamped a hoof, tossing his head with a snort as his gaze hardened with anger. He wasn't strange, they were! They didn't change, so they were the different ones....right?

Not even to Aelin did he confide his insecurities.

The owl crooned quietly through Hawke's thoughts, his broad wings stretching out, soft primaries caressing the boy's cheek. But he would have none of it. With a snp of his mouth he shifted away, dislodging the owl from his perch. Blue eyes watched the storm, downy wings just beginning to show the growth of adult feathers drooped at his sides. The boy's proud spanish-english head bowed, shoulders slumped.

Why was he so different? Father with his fire, Rhoa with his embers, Aelin with her brightness.... all of them showed clearly the love of the Sun.

Yet Hawke was bound to the night, to the dead and the bones of the long forgotten. And all he wanted to know, all he cared about...

Was why.

For @[Sohalia] but open to any :3

Tags;
Notes;
Other; Wearing shoulder bag
Image || Book

Messages In This Thread
I'm not crying; it's sand in my eyes - by Hawke - 06-18-2015, 11:40 PM