the Rift

[OPEN] [HATCHING/STORYTELLING] My Little Eye

Ki'irha Posts: 176
Outcast atk: 4.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 6
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15hh :: 5 years old HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Noella
Ki'irha
I am too fond of the stars || To be fearful of the night.
The Basin was alive with the anger of a winter storm. The wind howled like an injured animal, the bitter cold biting into the midnight mare's hide. Her head was dropped, sterling white mane whipping around her face and tying itself in tangles and knots. Her eyes were squeezed shut, but even if they were open she would not be able to see through the wall if white. She slowly made her way forward, though where forward was the lead her, she wasn't sure. She had a vine clamped between her jaws, the other end wrapped tightly around a small bundle of sticks and tinder. She hoped to make it home, find some way to start a fire, though unsure how she would do so. No matter, at least she would be prepared.

She opened her eyes, the burning wind causing tears to stream. A rock face appeared to her right, and she shifted her path towards it, hoping it would lead to some shelter. If she didn't find a place if refuge soon, she would certainly freeze to death in one of the worst storms she had ever experienced in her short life. As if a gift from the gods, an opening finally gave way, and she gave a sigh of relief.

Her hooves clattered on the stone floor of the cave. She looked like an abominable monster, her usual shining blue starry coat covered in a thick layer of ice and snow. Her horn was white with crystals of frost, and her hair was wild and wind tossed. Still clinging to her vine, she glanced down and noticed that she had lost most of her bounty, with only two pitiful branches still entangled. She rolled her eyes, dropping her head down and lowering her tinder to the ground. She cast her sights around the cave, noticing she was not alone.

Quietly she inched forward. The black and white stallion she had met previously, and another form stood before him. A tiny creature stood by the unicorn stallion, though Ki'irha was unsure of what thay creature was. It looked like a newborn fawn, but something was different about it. "Greetings, Ashamin,"  she spoke, her voice sweet and gentle but with a hoarseness from the cold. She shook gently, dispatching much of the snow thay had accumulated upon her. As the frost and ice melted, she began to appear more like her old self. "And to you, hello as well." She addressed the stranger, nodding her crowned head. "I'm sorry if I am inturrupting something, I just desperately needed shelter from this storm."  The fire danced, radiating a lovely heat, drawing the starry mare forward like a moth. "If anything, I can offer you my tinder. Well, what's left if it anyways."  She glanced back at the pitiful sticks still laying at the entrance to the cave, hoping it would be enough to buy her some time to warm her frozen bones.

Image Credit
[Image: 5581b91112f69]
Colored by Kels ♡
Lines by Bronzehalo

Please Tag Me ○ Permission for magic and injury is granted. Just no death or permanent harm.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HATCHING/STORYTELLING] My Little Eye - by Ki'irha - 06-21-2015, 03:59 PM