the Rift

[OPEN] [HATCHING/STORYTELLING] My Little Eye

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

Ashamin was an interesting character. Though the gold pulled up slightly when he reached out to keep out of touch, he didn’t mind the creature as much as the gesture lead on. Ashamin was dependably gullible when it came to the golden’s moods. And for that he was more tolerated than some, even if it got boring at times. The golden continued on in and took his place by the fire, trying to meld in. The effort was quickly crushed by his own companion’s behavior.

Haldir bounded to see the little deer ready to play. The velet bulbs on his head lowered to the other. He was careful to but against him gently, but his wild side got the best of him for a moment. He spun around and leaped back away, kicking up his heels. When he landed he spun again, ready for another go. But the deer was gone, he was following his bonded. Large ears fell slightly, and he wondered had he been too rough. Slowly the dark deer followed his new friend closer to the fire. He reaches them as the painted creature begins to speak, but his eyes are on the little one. His low head nudged the small little creature.

The gold watched with a cold eye as his bonded came saddened to his new friend. Snorting he turns away, ready to curl back and forget the cheery gathering around him. But fate, as usual, was not in his favor. Ashamin’s voice cuts across the rest, and the gold pins his harks back for a moment. Then Ashamin’s shadow falls on him. Head rises back up, and his face comes to the light again full of doubt. Him? Tell a story. Earth eyes swept the now crowd in the cave, and its size and starring eyes caused his tasseled tail to flick by his side uneasily. Usually the show man would have been ready, poised, but this was not the night. Tonight he wanted nothing more than to be in his quiet little cave. But he wasn’t. And it didn’t seem like he could worm out of it. So the golden sighes, lets his lips curl in a smirk thinking of is tale, and begins.

“Very well. Long ago, when the world was young it was ruled by a most frightful beast. He was taller than a tree, but darker than their bark. Worse of all though he had two great wings each dipped in flaming wrath. He ruled over the world with brute force, bullying his way through his kingdom. No one dared rise up against him. He began to grow suspicious and distrusting.

‘Bad herd,’ he thought ‘They lie. I know they hide.’

One day he wandered out to the lands beyond his own, pondering what dark plan his herd were keeping from him now, when he came upon a small hawk. The great beast prepared to attack this bird when it flew with quick speed to the giant.

‘Wait a moment friend’ the hawk cried ‘I have done nothing against you. What troubles you? Perhaps I can help….’

The dark beast paused a moment, suspicious. But then the hawk had called him friend, and no one had called him that before. ‘Herd lie. Say they not. But I know they lie.’

The hawk thought for a moment. ‘I might can help you friend. I have a magic cloth that will silence the liars, and leave on the truth in your ears.’

The beast was in awe. He understood little what the hawk said, but he understood he could help. ‘Do it.’

‘One thing first’ said the hawk ‘I need power to do it. I need something from you, perhaps the fire from your wings?’

The giant beast did not care for this nonsense, he wanted only to have the magic, so he agreed. The hawk flew to its nest and rose back with a blanket of blue. He placed it over the great creature’s eyes and spoke some incantation, and then removed the cloth. The giant beast was confused, he felt no different, but he was excited to try it. Quickly he spoke his own words and the fire extinguished on his wings. The hawk cried as he felt the power coming into him, and he fell to the earth.

The giant beast waited no more though. He journeyed back to his kingdom to test the magic. He questioned his herd, drilled them, and interrogated them. But nothing was silenced. Angered he yelled for them to lie to him.

‘You’re purple’ said the poor mare, frightened to death.

The great beast heard it. He rawred in anger. He was tricked! He stormed back to the outskirts, but the hawk was not there. He turned back to his kingdom and there at the gates waited a phoenix barring his path. The beast rawred to be let him.

‘Do you not remember me?’ Asked the phoenix, ‘I was the hawk in the woods.’

‘Let in. I am king.’ He rawred.

The phoenix only smiled. ‘No more.’ And let loose the wrath of fire upon him.

Now the great phoenix ruled the kingdom, and the giant beast, was left to the outcasts. Even for all his strength and beast was overthrown by the clever hawk.”

The golden retired. His tale done, but his smirk remained. It wasn’t some long ago fairytale. That my friends was a true story. Well….almost. And too the golden’s great surprise, to remember eased his temper, and made him quite content.

OOC :: The tale of the hawk and the giant. XD
"speech"

Posting Poetics
Image by the AMAZING Vossity

@Ashamin @Erebos @Enna @Tiamat @Själ
Whoever wants to go next =D

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
RE: [HATCHING/STORYTELLING] My Little Eye - by Thranduil - 08-13-2015, 10:47 AM