the Rift

[PRIVATE] Shattered Glass

Hotaru the Valkyrie Posts: 295
Outcast atk: 7 | def: 10.5 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.3hh :: 6 Years 3 Months HP: 67 | Buff: NOVICE
Alice :: Royal Hellhound :: Acid Brit
Hotaru
and Alice

The dark sentinel does not bother nor sway the rosen lady in her purpose, her unwavering determination. She is here for Thranduil, and though her love was tough it was also unfaltering. He would fight it, just as her daughters fought her when they knew they were in the wrong. It was mildly amusing to think of Thranduil as that child, petty and malleable. Inaccurate, but still amusing. No, he would fight her. But he'd truly be fighting himself, the demons and ghosts inside of him. It was odd, but...a strange pang echoed inside her heart at the idea of him going through it alone. Or at all. Scolding herself for having even the most meager of emotional attachments to the Laurelin, she cast a brief look over to the frightened fawn as it bleated in a panicked sort of tone towards her. Oh, she knew what awaited her. Thranduil did not frighten her. They were two tempests, assassins in royal garb, and their words could dismantle and cut to the bone of those who crossed them. But somehow she understood him, and she could not leave him to this darkness alone.

Perhaps she truly was young. Her heart was possibly weak. Or maybe she could explain this away once more as a machination, another loose thread tied up. At least that way she could avoid the startling, disgusting truths inside of her body. Her mind was a temple, but her heart was a sinner in the throes of decadence, and she was eternally caught inside the war of power between the two.

She braved the darkness of the cavern with all the grace a being of false light could muster, and she gazed down upon what had become of the glorified Laurelin. Cast in a mix of cloth and coin, precious metals and gems, and the taint of his own despair. He railed against the world from a place of contrasts, in himself and in his environment. She was there to mute and blur the colors, and show him clarity. Perhaps a temporary version of clarity, but enough for him to make it. It reminded her of when she'd discovered her mother and father's entwined corpses, how seeing Thranduil watching her, judging her quest's progress, had given her enough of a difference in her emotions to latch onto.

His ears slowly turned as she began to speak, and Hotaru stared down upon his crumpled, tense form. Get up, she breathed in the caverns of her mind. Get UP. Her heart raced, blood thick and hot in her ears. Because he may be standing, but he may as well have been prostrate on bloodied knees for how defeated he was. GET UP. Get up please get up because you were the first one to ever challenge me. Get up because I need you and you need me. Get up Thranduil, get up get up get UP. She swallowed hard, knees starting to tremble with little fissures that she could not seem to control aside from locking them and praying for strength to remain standing. You're stronger than this. Smarter. Get up.

His eyes cut into her, and she lost her breath even as her face stared right back down at him. Unyielding, because she knew he could do so much better than whatever this was. Her name was like benediction and damnation coming from his lips, and before she could grow dizzy from how his eyes had left her breathless, she was sucking air back in to steady herself. Oh how she hated him, how she respected and adored him. He was everything and nothing, and lost in the darkness of the cavern, she felt blindsided by how hot each of those emotions ran. She needed him. Hotaru had never needed anything or anyone, and she fucking H A T E D him for making her feel as if she needed him to match herself against. To challenge herself. 

Even with her shriveled heart lodged in her throat, the one thing her mother had deigned to teach her was to never let them see you falter - and so she spoke his name in tones of velvet and consolation to match the ragged chorus of blame that he had uttered. "Thranduil." Before her, he began to melt, to soften and shudder into a being better resembling the man she knew rather than the furious machine of earlier. She awaited his transformation patiently, and could not help but to draw further parallels from Arya, who always broke down and admitted her wrongdoing in a similar fashion. It was something private, something verging on broken and desperate. Sacred. And he was allowing Hotaru to see it, though she'd forced her way into his sanctuary unbidden. It was...profound. And she was nearly smug to be the one to see it, rivals and partners as she regarded them to be in some ways. 

A caged lion was not something she could unleash upon their people, not before his rage was properly dealt with. And so she widened her stance imperceptibly, staring him down even as he paced and turned round and round in the shallow space. Trapped, or so he would see it. But he was close, his breakthrough was just on the verge of happening, and Hotaru could sense it beyond the sharp sting of his demand. "Because you need me to be here." Vague, but appropriate. It was not that he needed her, he just needed her to be there in order to deal with this fallout. Because if she didn't get him to break and rebuild himself, he'd fuck up his own plans, and Hotaru would not spend her time mopping up his mess if he did.

"Get this out. Storm and rage, because if you don't it will fester. It will distract you, you will falter, and you will fail." She spat the word like poison, tail thrashing against her hocks. Eyes like seaglass and starlight as they bore down upon him with enough sharpness to cut. "And that is exactly what they want." Arah, Deimos, Ulrik and the rest of them. "You know it, too. So break. Get rid of this, everything you're feeling. Purge it. This is you and me, Thranduil. No appearances, no games."

She advanced upon him, directing Alice to leave Haldir's side and take her spot as insurance that Thranduil would not try and escape. Hotaru pressed onward, waiting for him to explode, waiting for it to be too much either in space or emotions. If she concentrated, she swore she could even feel his heat. "Show me your darkness. We don't have time for this, and you're letting them win. Get the fuck up, Thranduil," she hissed, eyes suddenly narrowing into slits and baring her teeth. Her heart pounded. Close. So close. Come on, Thranduil, you've almost got it. "I need you. Show me you deserve that!"

Image by Frostie-Spirits.deviantart.com
[Image: 515265280ffff]

::Strong like the sea is stormy::

Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
Shattered Glass - by Thranduil - 06-20-2015, 11:07 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Hotaru - 08-07-2015, 06:53 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Thranduil - 08-10-2015, 06:56 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Hotaru - 08-16-2015, 04:20 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Thranduil - 08-21-2015, 12:44 AM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Hotaru - 09-03-2015, 09:02 PM
RE: Shattered Glass - by Thranduil - 09-05-2015, 04:14 PM