the Rift

[DROP] Haunting Words

Rhoa Posts: 175
Deceased atk: 5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 6.5
Colt :: Pegasus :: 17hh :: 3 HP: 65 | Buff: ENDURE
Odd
Rhoa
Like ships in the night

I lost. Of course I did - I can't help the bitterness that rises in my throat. To have stood before an egg once again, the opportunity of having a companion by my side just a wings-length away, and to lose it. To some child. I know I am hardly more than a child myself, and yet I can't but help to feel superior. I have tried haven't I? Haven't I always done my best? Haven't I always--

come. come to me--

--come?

I stop, ears forward listening hard. Though even as I strain to catch the sound once again, I know it is futile - the sound didn't come from anywhere outside. It came from inside of me. Tentatively I move forward - towards the glacial caves. I haven't ever been here before, but I am drawn inexplicably across the distance. Swallowing hard, I see before me that I have a choice to make. I continue to strain to hear the voice, hoping that it will decide for me - that it will tell me which path to follow - but no instructions come. I think of the bird-lady and her hall of mazes. Will I find her at the end of this mess? Will she be there, once again mocking me?

Hesitantly I move towards the right side, my ever-glowing wings shuffling from my sides to help and light the way. Firelight bounces off the glistening walls of the caves as I move forward and farther in. The resonant sound of my hooves is suddenly deafening, perhaps because I am listening so hard, or perhaps because it reminds me of how alone I am. But still I go forward - at this point, what have I to lose?

One prior refusal

Wishlist

:: [Magic: FirexWind | Able to beat his wings and throw hot embers and ash. The ash has the potential to cause blurred vision, or difficulty breathing if inhaled.]

Image Credits

Messages In This Thread
Haunting Words - by Random Event - 06-21-2015, 11:17 AM
RE: Haunting Words - by Rhoa - 06-21-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: Haunting Words - by Mesec - 06-21-2015, 03:21 PM
RE: Haunting Words - by Badger - 06-21-2015, 03:51 PM
RE: Haunting Words - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 01:02 AM
RE: Haunting Words - by Arya - 06-22-2015, 11:54 AM
RE: Haunting Words - by Tiamat - 06-22-2015, 06:06 PM
RE: Haunting Words - by Random Event - 06-23-2015, 06:11 PM