the Rift

[OPEN] True to Your Heart

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas
If I’d known any better, I would have picked up on Ashamin’s frustration with me, but of course I was too consumed with Johnny and the fact that he smelled of honeyed wine. It was such a soft fragrance, but also hugely delicious… I was tempted to ask for a taste but thought better of it considering I didn’t want anyone getting the wrong idea… He just smelled so damn good, like fresh-baked, homemade, candies, sprinkled in a layer of fine-ground powdered sugar... Really, that was where my fascination ended, because when I got to the bottom of my desires, I found that Johnny truly only made me hungry and that’s wasn’t something a man in his right mind would ever want to admit to.

Helovia was proving to be just as eclectic as I’d thought. There were magically beautiful hybrids, candy-coated ponies, dainty rose-colored maidens, and even brooding unicorns with tails much too long for their bodies. It was just like a fancy dinner party with exotic, foreign meals that no one in the room could name with any degree of certainty… I guess that was what made everything taste so divine.

After giving up any hope of finding Ashamin’s little water nymph, I turned back around to face the weaver and catch a big whiff of his sugary aroma. I wondered how long he would be able to survive life in the Basin, considering unicorns weren’t the only ones lurking in the shadows there. I’d heard the wolves at night and from what I’d gathered of them, they lived in packs large enough to take down a bull elk… I could only imagine what they would do a little bloke like Johnny. Perhaps he needed an apprentice like me around, if only to keep him safe. I needed to learn everything I could before I let a lousy wolf take him from me.

Of course if he kept using phrases like oh jeepers, I wasn’t sure I would be able to find it in my heart to keep him alive. There were two weavers in the Basin right? Essentially I didn’t need Johnny… he was just the first one I’d come across. Better to be prepared for anything right? “Nice to meet you too. I guess we’ll be seeing a lot of each other from now on…” I revealed with a slight scowl.

When would be a good time to tell him to refrain from being a little sugary asshole so I didn’t decide to literally feed him to the wolves?

In all of our ruckus (between Johnny’s questionable demeanor and my own inability to overlook it) I’d nearly missed Ashamin’s attempts to get a word in edgewise. Or maybe I had noticed and just didn’t care. I laughed at the truth of such a notion and turned again to regard the little creature he had stashed away in the folds of that pouch that he was now so famous for. “Lochan” I tried first, “Lochan… strange name,” I admitted before moving toward him to inspect the companion he revealed. It was probably the ugliest little monster I’d seen in all my life, but in a way it was so damn ugly it was actually somewhat cute. “Well, what it is and why on earth does it sleep so much?” I questioned bluntly while looking back at Johnny.

I mean the thing had three eyes, not two, but three…. When I came back around to study the small whatever-it-was, I was suddenly captivated by a flash of gold that would have gone unnoticed had the sun not looked down upon us when it had. Suddenly more interested by this new and exciting attribute, I moved around Ashamin as if I were a dog more focused on chasing after a ball than the food in my bowl. What I found on his right hindquarter was something I wasn’t sure I’d noticed or seen before.

There were scars there, long and jagged, but they didn’t look like your ordinary scars.

They were made of beautiful, glittering gold….
Coding by Tamme || Image Credits

@[Johnny] @[Ashamin]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
True to Your Heart - by Johnny - 06-21-2015, 08:27 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Ashamin - 06-21-2015, 09:08 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Atlas - 06-22-2015, 05:02 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Johnny - 06-24-2015, 08:25 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Ashamin - 06-25-2015, 09:08 AM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Atlas - 06-30-2015, 04:59 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Johnny - 07-15-2015, 07:47 PM
RE: True to Your Heart - by Ashamin - 07-15-2015, 10:13 PM