the Rift

[OPEN] Keeper of the Keys

Thranduil the Laurelin Posts: 598
Outcast atk: 5.5 | def: 11 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 hh :: Eight HP: 77 | Buff: ENDURE
Haldir :: Common Cerndyr :: Dark Mist Hawk

He’s such a trick. The golden stands there with a smile and bright eyes while the inside of him fills with dark smoke and sharp eyes pierce out in deadly threat. Perhaps that was the difference between the two giants, and their styles. While Guacho spreads his wings out in majestic power, the golden waits like a cat in stealth. Of course, the difference this time is that the Laurelin was not exactly hiding. This time the trick wasn’t to hide his power, but his nerves. We wouldn’t dare call it fear. Even if the dun sounded the bugle of war the golden would still face him on the battlefield. Fear was little acknowledged emotion in that golden’s twisted soul. Of course the tendrils of it were still powerful, and they were now pulsing his nerves with electricity.

My though Gaucho was rather unsociable today, even for him. The golden really wasn’t too surprised. It was clear by the shudder of his wings that conversation and words were given little time in his mind. Action and power, threatening compliance were faster routes to where he wanted to go. Pity, it made the golden’s job much harder. It had been expected though, and why he was reluctant to plan and build. Like that little bird at the caves, Gaucho could leave without another concern. And that was something the golden didn’t want to let happen.

Haldir was used to being ignored at these things. The golden was fully wrapped up in his own mind and thoughts, that it left little attention for Haldir. That was alright, he didn’t mind much. But this time was different. A happy call, strange in this atmosphere, draws his attention back to a bird. And she was looking at him! Head looks up to her and even in his blank eyes the glow of happiness was unmistakable. As she lifts off and flies about he becomes captivated. Her flaming show of grace does not frighten much, though his head does duck slightly. He becomes even more entranced. The dark deer rises up on hind legs, trying to shake his antlers at the creature in playful sport.

It’s a pity the golden was not in the mood. It might have made this tense situation at a least a little more entertaining. Mouth opens to speak, to ensure the wildfire does not fly off like his herd mate before, but it seemed there was little need to worry. Gaucho speaks up in his rough speech again, and the golden listens, tasseled tail switching once more at his sides. Short phrases and quick wit never seemed to do him well. So how about a different tactic. “Ah, a family is just what I wished to speak with you about.” He shifts and raises his head, showing a different sort of power than the Wildfire’s flaming wings shudder, but one equally skilled in its delivery. He didn’t stop for interruptions, but kept moving to avoid breaks in the conversation. “I found trouble in the Steppe’s cold weather and ventured to the Basin for my safety. I found there a new lead, Ophelia was not like Illynx. She spoke differently, for that and the kindness given I rejoined. Old wounds do heal over time I suppose.”

Now at last he pauses, but only for a moment. “I’m not blind Gaucho.” His voice grows a hardness and he glances to the flaming wings. “I see the looks and knives you throw.” The smoothness of his tongue was becoming stronger and more self-assured.  It was slipping that this flaming beast did little to threaten the gold. “All I have listened, aided, and advised you to the best I could, yet you vilify anyway. It is enough of these childish contempt.” He needed a final word. A final strike. And man did he have it. “You can trust me Gaucho, I am not your enemy.” The words flow out without a break, but in these last lines a power goes with them, sealing them from doubt by any who hear. When he speaks again it is softer once more. “I have come to say this, that my presence and whatever ill it causes you will not endanger my family.” Now he waits. His tasseled tail having been still as stone, curls pensively, as earth eyes watch from under his white locks to see….would it work? Cause there wasn’t a Plan B this time.

"talk talk talk"
OOC:: So much talking ;-; so sorry for this terrible post love

Thranduil
His words are clever and bright

Credits: Image by Schwartze @ DA

@Gaucho

[Image: 5381546acbe33]
Feel free to use any force/magic on Thranduil, short of killing him.
Please tag in every post.
Ask Thranduil any question in the world, he'll be forced to answer on his profile. PM with your question.

Messages In This Thread
Keeper of the Keys - by Thranduil - 06-22-2015, 10:27 AM
RE: Keeper of the Keys - by Gaucho - 07-15-2015, 10:56 AM
RE: Keeper of the Keys - by Thranduil - 07-30-2015, 10:25 AM
RE: Keeper of the Keys - by Gaucho - 08-22-2015, 08:28 PM
RE: Keeper of the Keys - by Thranduil - 09-02-2015, 03:04 PM
RE: Keeper of the Keys - by Gaucho - 10-11-2015, 03:44 PM