the Rift

[PRIVATE] promises

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

"I always lose weight in winter."

I guess that was believable, so it didn't occur to me that you might be lying to me and I never had any reason before to believe that you would. So I accepted that lie, believing it to be truth, with little more than a sigh and a nod of my head even though it still troubled me that you were so thin. "Ros..." I said as you said this winter was just a little harder and I turned my head to press my muzzle against your shoulder. I wanted to tell you to take care of yourself but... I don't know. I guess I didn't want you to think that I didn't think you could take care of yourself.

I... I greedily soaked up all of the comfort that you could offer me. The warmth of your body, the tone of your voice, the weight of your neck over mine, the sound of your breathing ... it all grounded me. It held me together and I felt, for the first time in such a long time, that I might be okay. But I still knew I was being greedy. I was taking from you without giving anything back and it didn't sit right with me.

"C'mon, Ji. Let’s find some place to rest, hmm? You…you look tired…"

"But what about..." My voice trailed as I glanced back at your sleeping companion, but as you tugged on my mane I moved along with you without any resistance. I was quiet for some time as we walked, looking for a comfortable place to rest, and as we walked I watched you. You looked as tired as I felt and it made me wonder if it was the journey from wherever you were to the Throat that had caused it or if it was something else. It still didn't occur to me that what you'd told me earlier was a lie because, well, I guess I still didn't believe that you would lie to me.

I sighed softly to myself and looked down at my hooves and the sand that shifted with every step that I took and I kept wondering. "If... if something was wrong you'd tell me, wouldn't you?" I asked so suddenly that I surprised myself and I felt my ears fall back against my head. "I mean... I," I sighed again and I shook my head because I was being ridiculous. "...never mind." Because you would tell me, wouldn't you? You'd let me help you like you helped me, right?

Right?

"."

@[Roskuld]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
promises - by Ranjiri - 06-22-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 06-23-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: promises - by Ranjiri - 06-23-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 06-25-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: promises - by Ranjiri - 06-26-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 07-23-2015, 01:41 AM