the Rift

[PRIVATE] promises

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

I just nodded when you said that Chico would be fine where he was, that you didn't feel like waking him up to move him. I didn't know how the whole bond thing worked. I didn't know how protective you were over him or how he might react to wake up and you not be there, but if you said it was fine then I guess it was fine.

"I tell you everything, Jiji."

"Yeah..." I whispered, but why couldn't I shake the uneasy feeling in my gut? I blinked and turned my head toward you as you asked me if I knew how tired I sounded and touched my shoulder. I knew how tired I felt; Like I could lay down and sleep for a month without a care in the world. I reached to brush my muzzle against you then fell back into step, following along with you as you searched for somewhere for us to rest. I'll admit the idea of rest was one that gave me mixed feelings because I wanted so badly to just sleep but I wanted to stay awake. I wanted to talk to you and spend time with you while I was conscious. I was also terrified that I would have more nightmares and I was so tired of them.

You found a place for us to rest and my head tilted a little as I looked at it, wondering if it was really as okay as you claimed because you didn't sound too thrilled about it. Still, you laid down and you looked at me and asked if I was coming and that little smirk on your face made me feel a little better. So I went to you and I settled myself down in the space you'd left for me, I nestled myself against you and you were so warm that I knew it would lull me to sleep sooner than I wanted...

"The last time we did this we were so small." I murmured as I remembered us as little foals curled up together without a care in the world. What I wouldn't give to go back to being that carefree and untainted by the world. "Remember?" I asked as I turned my head toward you.

"."

@[Roskuld]

Credits

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
promises - by Ranjiri - 06-22-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 06-23-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: promises - by Ranjiri - 06-23-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 06-25-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: promises - by Ranjiri - 06-26-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 07-23-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 07-29-2015, 11:35 AM