the Rift

[PRIVATE] promises

Ranjiri the GoldenShade Posts: 372
World's Edge Mare atk: 4.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 6
Mare :: Hybrid :: 16.0 :: 5 HP: 62 | Buff: NOVICE
Mara :: Common Rougarou :: Shadow ali
Ranjiri
{
"Grief never ends, but it changes. Its a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith. It is the price of love."

"...hey,"

"hmm?" I tilted an ear toward you and I listened as you started to ask me a 'what if' question. Those were always the most difficult to answer because there were so many different possible outcomes. When you finally spit the question out I frowned. What if Pa wasn't Pa? It was only the weight of your neck over me and the warmth of your body that kept me from shuffling around until I could look you square in the face. I wondered for a bit over what you meant. What if your Pa wasn't a God? What of your Pa was someone else?

"I think... if your Pa wasn't a God... we would have grown up together." I answered and the honesty of it tasted bitter on my tongue because I was bitter that he'd separated us. There was so much that we had talked about doing when we were young that we hadn't been able to. That we still hadn't been able to. All of our grand adventures that we'd planned had been tossed away because he'd made you grow up overnight. I also thought that if your Pa wasn't a God that you would be safer and that you wouldn't be so stressed out over things that I didn't understand or even know about at times.

.... I thought that if your Pa wasn't your Pa that you would be happier, but I bit my tongue to keep myself from saying that because I didn't want to hurt you.

"...and I think if your Pa wasn't your Pa I would still love you the same." And I craned my neck to touch my muzzle to your cheek. "No matter who your Pa is or could have been you'd still be my Roskuld." I whispered because I was getting sleepier and the warmth that radiated off of you made it harder and harder for me to fight against the call of sleep.

"."

Credits

@Roskuld

aud pixel!

Messages In This Thread
promises - by Ranjiri - 06-22-2015, 11:48 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 06-23-2015, 10:30 AM
RE: promises - by Ranjiri - 06-23-2015, 11:44 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 06-25-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: promises - by Ranjiri - 06-26-2015, 12:39 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 07-23-2015, 01:41 AM
RE: promises - by Roskuld - 07-29-2015, 11:35 AM