the Rift

[OPEN] Adolescent Sunrises

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas

don't look away

Life outside the Basin was much more enticing than life within… The snow still fell and the wind still howled, but it was such a relief to escape the winter wonderland I now called home that they were but small aggravations in hindsight. I didn’t have to romp through ten feet of snow mounds or shiver to death while I slept, which made me question my choice to join forces with the north in the first place. At least I was surrounded with company; that was the sole reason I’d stuck around in the first and probably last place.

However, wandering through the wilds of Helovia held a certain charm now that it hadn’t before. I knew where I would return to and I knew that I would again be surrounded by –somewhat- caring faces. Wasn’t that the point of pledging allegiance to a herd? I guesses it was or at least hoped it was because I tended to be one lazy son of an expletive.

Though I hadn’t planned on venturing too far from the frozen pit called home, somehow I had managed to end up in the lovely haven that was the Heavenly Fields. The effects of Frostfall did not exempt the land from snow and ice, but the amount of “terrible white death”, as I called it, was considerably less. In fact, it was nice to amble along the mountain pass until I reached the plains just above the mist and the clouds. The view was incredible as well to say the least. It was like looking out over the whole of Helovia and wondering who else might be looking back at you…

Besides, even though I wasn’t regularly an early morning riser, there was a quiet about the place… as if one could spend their days there contemplating life and shit. Of course, I didn’t have much to contemplate considering I’d taken on the task of becoming a damned weaver. I mean, honestly, what did weavers do? I didn’t have a single creative bone in my body aside from the one only the ladies were interested in... But, even that bone was too cold to paint pictures or craft happiness.

And believe me, it crafted some happiness.

With a smile on my face –because I could amuse myself like no one else- I meandered into the fields like the wicked snake of a man I was. I didn’t have anyone to impress or delight and therefore felt no need to arch my neck or flag my tail or do anything other than slouch and appreciate the pure manly comfort of it. I’d intended to dig up some dried grass and munch on the tasteless remains of spring, but when I dipped my head to inspect a few browned stalks that I’d dug up in haste, I caught sight of a particularly rare beauty.

For a moment I paused, my head hanging low and my mouth open, before I could fully understand how the hell I’d missed the presence of the mare. I was staring pretty fixedly at her through duel-colored eyes and soon –because how could I ignore that kind of loveliness- I was approaching her with a slight grin. “Kind of cold to be making snow angels love…” I stated casually. “I’m Atlas by the way.

image credits

@[Eden]-- I'm sorry about the wait!

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
Adolescent Sunrises - by Eden - 06-22-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: Adolescent Sunrises - by Atlas - 06-24-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: Adolescent Sunrises - by Eden - 06-26-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Adolescent Sunrises - by Atlas - 06-30-2015, 05:44 PM