the Rift

[OPEN] Adolescent Sunrises

Atlas Posts: 54
Outcast atk: 3.5 | def: 9.5 | dam: 7
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16.2 HH :: 5 HP: 64.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Linds
Atlas

don't look away

Staring down at such curious creatures had become something of a routine since I’d arrived in Helovia, but never before had that creature been a mare or such a fine-looking mare as this. Her coat seemed to catch all the morning light and cast it aside in small shafts of color until it bled onto the snow in a puddle of yellow, purple, and pink. There was a small golden circle that peeked up at me from the right side of her neck as she moved about, and I watched it rise and fall as she spoke. When she finally announced herself as Eden, I smiled like a foolish little boy. “Eden the snow angel,” I remarked as she rolled over to expose her underside to me. She was clever and funny… that was something I could certainly get behind. “I guess if it’s the only time for snow angels,” I replied to her former comment, “-then I should join you?

Without waiting for her answer, I knelt down slowly before dropping heavily into the snow bank alongside her. When I’d adjusted to the cold of the icy blanket of white, I turned to stare at her once more as she rolled about, intent on leaving her impression in the Fields until the next flurry. “Where does Eden the snow angel come from?” I asked nonchalantly as I watched. I wasn’t yet sold on the idea of rolling about in the mud and the muck… It just didn’t seem to be as fun as Eden made it appear. Besides, I’d underestimated how cold it might actually be. I wasn’t a fan of the driving heat in summer, but I sure as hell couldn’t tolerate the frigid winds of winter either.

Shifting, I pulled my legs beneath me so that my underbelly wasn’t pressed into the snow. I thought about just giving in and rolling onto my back with Eden, but I still possessed a small shred of self-respect and I wasn’t about to expose my star-studded coat to the mercy of winter’s touch. Instead I reached out toward the mare’s golden circle, hoping to run my muzzle along the soft slope of her neck. “I wouldn’t be so trusting of strangers if I were you,” I warned as we relaxed together. “Not everyone is me.

image credits

@[Eden]

Run towards the stars, or make them shine. Fight the tide, until the day we die.

▌ Please tag Atlas in all replies
▌ Force permitted, but no maiming or killing
▌ Pixel by DarkShadow

Messages In This Thread
Adolescent Sunrises - by Eden - 06-22-2015, 04:58 PM
RE: Adolescent Sunrises - by Atlas - 06-24-2015, 09:40 PM
RE: Adolescent Sunrises - by Eden - 06-26-2015, 05:39 PM
RE: Adolescent Sunrises - by Atlas - 06-30-2015, 05:44 PM