the Rift

Catching Waves [open]

Torasin Posts: 132
Deceased
Stallion :: Equine :: 16.1 :: 8
imi
The water was beginning to loose its cooling effect, but whether it was the suns blistering rays or the internal struggle bearing down on the salt soaked stallion was not known. Too kind of heart for his own good. Too indecisive to help anybody else. Fool. It was something he'd been telling himself over and over recently, his late incompetence to speak honestly of his heart was driving him to regret opening himself up to Mirage when he knew he loved another. At the time it was done out of the thought he'd never see Brooke again and the paint did truly care for the mare. If the other had not returned, Torasin was sure he would have fallen, in spectacular style, for the alluring black mare. The other worry that plagued him now was if Brooke disappeared again. His late fathers words crept up from a long memory...

"Sometimes, Torasin, fate is not kind to all. Even to those who shine brighter than the great stars of the blackened sky"

A colt he had been that day, upset from being bullied by the other young foals of his herd. With a start he realized Mirage had shifted to meet his gaze her soft muzzle touching his, mossy eyes met the tawny ones of hers. He obliged the unasked request and smiled at her reply, widening it at her return inquiry and admittance of not understanding his feelings. To which he himself found ironic, all the while he was wondering what she was feeling, maybe Mirage had been doing the same. His gaze lingered a while whilst he turned over the words she spoke "dear friend". He thought back to the arrival of Rishima, Mirage and Vikram's inside joke. The pieces inside his mind fell into places and Torasin finally came to the conclusion that he was always going to play the 'dear friend'.

And you will be the greatest and most loyal friend to her.

The thought moulded itself into a promise, a sense of relief flooded over him. It was combined with feelings of encouragement sent by Kiba in short intervals during the paints revelation. "I could not lie to you even if I tried. So you should know I will always be a troubled horse, as I know you understand..." A similarity Tor had picked up on when they had first met, the need to disguise histories scars behind an intricate facade. His own one of ignorant bliss and jolly disposition. "But I too am well and do not worry yourself over my feelings. Not even I understand them but... Thank you for being such a kind friend to me, Mirage. I feel that my recent plagued thoughts have put some distance between us, but I promise to be the most loyal friend you will ever have!" His sincere promise was rather out of the blue, he didn't know if she wanted to talk about the past events. So instead, by careful choice of words, he took it upon himself to let Mirage know he understood he was only to be her friend. The typical, beaming Torasin returned.

His eyes zoomed in on a never before seen marking on the side of her neck as she flicked her head, drinking in the gold dragon shape. Brows furrowed as she spoke again, a dragon? His gaze softened again as he shifted his muzzle to gentle graze it, "who can ever really understand the gods. The ones here seem to like doing the extremes..." He chuckled a little at the end. "It is a beautiful mark. You do seem to attract the dragon kind." Even an equine dragon, Vikram's imposing presence made Torasin look like a pony. And the paint wasn't that small. "Kiba too enjoys your visits." It was only natural, Torasin's keen love for the mare and her golden companion had rubbed off on the brown dragon.
[Image: tortablee.png]

Messages In This Thread
Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-19-2012, 03:56 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-24-2012, 08:04 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-25-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 08-05-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 08-09-2012, 03:54 AM