the Rift

Catching Waves [open]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

Was this what torture was? Was this why that damnable emotion, love was to be feared and hated by so many? The little shadow knew of love, at least she thought she did. The only love she had felt in her years previous to this had been to her siblings and parents, and of course to Akaith. But they were different, they were emotions that were never questioned, the reasons for that love were worlds away from the reasons for the love that had blossomed within this realm of magic and mystique. The love she felt here was for the genuineness of these stallions and mares, love for the lands, love for life here, in Helovia. With some surprise, she realised that she would probably see out her dying day here, and she would not be sad for it.

In Mirage's view, their love was not forbidden, not so much as poorly timed, and that it would hurt and effect others annoyed her. But she would continue to love him, just, differently to how her heart originally wanted to. It was content with this, its true capacity for love fulfilled by the bond she had found in Vikram, as well as the collective love she felt for those who had invaded her consciousness in the Qian. Yes, the mare would obey the social restrictions placed upon them, she would express her love for the stallion in ways that left no-one else hurt, though it was one of the most selfless things she would have to endure. To deny a love that could have been… no, it was not worth speculating upon. No more wishing for what could have, should have been.

Soft, gentle, undulating laughter rolled from the belle's mouth, like the waves lapping at the sand, her tones were carefree and light, her tiara nodding in agreement with the stallion. "Indeed, Akaith is as much my guardian as I am hers. The bond is deeper than those outside could ever appreciate unless they have experienced it themselves." Even being bonded, Mirage was still surprised by the deep ties that held her to her beloved dragon. "It's as if she is my mother, sister and daughter at the same time. Sometimes offering guidance, sometimes seeking it, oft' times simply being with me as we make this journey through life together." It was not the first time she had attempted to express the bond in words that might be understood by another.

Fondly she watched the dragons as they played and frolicked, reaching out to brush her muzzle to Kiba's smooth hide, should he allow it, blowing a gentle kiss upon his hide, playfully, tenderly. Akaith sat upon Mirage's withers, combing her wet claws through her bonded's damp mane, chortling all sorts of nonsensical sounds in delightful amusement. The stallion's question of the Gods brought a distant, thoughtful smile to her lips, as she considered how to answer him. "I cannot admit to understanding them any more then you. They are Gods, after all, ethereal entities that work in ever-growing mysterious ways." Honest tones replied, the mare not about to lie about her lack of knowledge regarding the heavenly creatures who could crush them all should they step out of line.

"Everywhere I have travelled, there has always been a balance, an equilibrium, of sorts, keeping a land and its inhabitants, stable, safe. While the Moon's light has always been a guiding figure all my life, I believe in a balance, Torasin. It was a tilting of this balance that threw Isilme into darkness, more than once." A small sigh interrupted the vocalisations of her thoughts. "The Path of the Moon was never a stable home, equines were forced to align themselves with Darkness, or Light, with others unable to choose and so filling the grey in between. The lands succumbed to waste." She was saddened by the memory, but only expressed it minutely before continuing her speech.

"There is no shame in choosing one or the other to worship. If I were to choose, there is little doubt within me that the Moon Goddess would earn my prayers over the others. But I respect the balance, I long to maintain it, to help it stay stable, so that we might continue to live and prosper under the merciful Lords and Lady whom lent their powers to craft such a realm as Helovia." What the mare did not delve into, was the delicate balance of her own emotions, of the volatile nature of her bloodlines, of the dynamic equilibrium that always threatened to tip her over the edge, one way or another.. Torasin had caught glimpses of its effects before, at the Steppe, at Helovia's Heart - even before, when Mirage could not help but embrace him in her loving grip.

Messages In This Thread
Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-19-2012, 03:56 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-24-2012, 08:04 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-25-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 08-05-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 08-09-2012, 03:54 AM