the Rift

Catching Waves [open]

Mirage the DragonHeart Posts: 414
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9 | dam: 6
Mare :: Equine :: 15.3 :: Eighteen HP: 68.5 | Buff: ENDURE
Akaith :: Royal Golden Dragon :: Fire Breath Whit

It was a complicated thing, this relationship she shared with the beloved golden stallion. For some time she was unable to distinguish her feelings between the two stallions that she called her friends, even admitting to herself that she loved them both dearly, a fact that was still true. But the golden one had declared his love, openly and happily to another, and while Mirage could never understand his reasons, she supposed her view was that of an outsider who knew little of the intricacies of the relationship they witnessed, and she would never do anything to sway his mind. It was a decision for him to make, a decision she would have respected, whichever way it rolled. Her own heart hurt, but it was not a true hurt, for it still loved the gilded steed, though her perspective on the situation had shifted, and such events had unfolded that the charred little mare realised they were not meant for each other, at least not in that regard.

Friendship, however, was something Torasin would be unable to lose from this devious little creature. Her love for him and his forever happy façade had bound him to her forevermore, and she longed to express this to him, though she had tried many times by always being there for him in his times of need. Likewise, he had always been present for her, she knew that in some way, he must feel the same. He spoke of being here before, and she nodded, enjoying the waves lapping at her flanks, and even though there was no breeze to cool her, the flapping of the frolicking dragons stirred some air movement and she was able to find a small bit of respite. He continued to speak, his sweet voice always welcome to sound in her svelte lobes. The mare’s golden eyes tracked his motion then, he seemed overcome with an internal shame, and his own emeraldine pools failed to maintain their contact with hers.

She was able to guess what it was he was unsure about, and she stepped closer still to him, tilting her tiara so as to grasp a hold on his gaze and not let it go. Bumping her muzzle against his own, her countenance was warm, forgiving even, most of all wanting to elicit a smile to curve his handsome lips. “I am well, dear friend.” Her own accented lyrics intoned, but she was not done yet. “Though knowing that the first acquaintance I gained upon entering these lands is not troubled by conflicts, whether internal or external, would please me all the more.” It was a roundabout way of asking him how he was, a subtle offering of being a willing ear to listen, or advice-giver, whatever the situation called for. “Torasin, you needn’t be concerned as to whether you might have hurt me, though I’ll admit to never understanding your feelings, my own are unchanged.”

Vocals spoke firmly, her eyes holding the gaze earnestly, hoping to deliver their message clearly. The smile that had faded with her speech lingered still, and grew once more. Curling her nape the mare tossed her tiara slightly, the aureate marking glistening upon her hide in the sunlight. She wondered how far Torasin would read into it, she did not want to hurt the stallion, but she did not want to hide the developments that had occurred between she and Vikram. Even if, by all rights, it was none of his business – Mirage felt that he was a close enough comrade to be privy into it anyway. And yet, her tongue was held still, a curious glint to her eye, as she spoke in hushed tones that which the Moon Goddess herself had spoken. “I have been marked as a dragon, Torasin. I know not what the Goddess meant when she labelled me such…”

Messages In This Thread
Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-13-2012, 10:10 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-19-2012, 03:56 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-20-2012, 07:27 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 06-24-2012, 08:04 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 06-25-2012, 11:49 PM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Torasin - 08-05-2012, 11:33 AM
RE: Catching Waves [open] - by Mirage - 08-09-2012, 03:54 AM