the Rift

Fires burn riddles into the snow

Sacre Posts: 274
World's Edge Emissary atk: 5.5 | def: 8.5 | dam: 5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16hh :: 5 Years HP: 65 | Buff: NOVICE
Inari :: Red Fox :: Heal & Ríona :: Common Kitsune :: Electric imi
Honey, you're familiar like my mirror years ago,
Idealism sits in prison, chivalry fell on its sword

He stood and waited; a simple wisp of a young stallion whose long black mane tangled around his protruding red horn and caressed a pair of eyes, that watched the holy mare with a growing unease. She neither invited him nor pushed him away and, instead, left him in the strange and bewildering abyss that was the awkwardness of acquaintance. Not yet friend enough to risk edging into her territory, but not quite strangers that it was okay for him to ignore the fact that she was there, in front of him. It also hadn’t crossed his mind that interrupting her rites and musings was over zealous of him, his infernal nosiness often getting the better of wise consideration making him often appear boisterous and… well… quite annoying really. Instead, he stood there with a boyish grin and a posture of bright openness, awaiting her illustrious response to his rather oddly formed and vague question. The Diviner was in front of the diviners fire ’what are you doing?’ he had asked. Sometimes one and one didn’t quite make two in Sacre’s vivacious mind.

His name fell from her chalk-lathered lips and that was all it took to unfurl his infectious smile in response. At least she had remembered that much about him. The stallion took a strange moment of joy in the matter as he dipped his head in humble response. The obvious answer came soon after and the answer was of their God and her wishes to contact him. The Sun God? Even though he lived in the fire deity’s lands, Sacre had never once come across the Sun God in his travels, only the Moon and the Earth. Not even the Time God, whose land he had previously lived in, had ever appeared before him.

What a peculiar coincidence.

“Have you met him often… Our God?” He asked with great curiosity. “I would like to meet him one day, perhaps, though I don’t know what I’d say” he laughed. What did one say to a God? It seemed somewhat shameful to always ask them for things, but did they have personal lives too? Was it odd or even wrong to ask a God 'how was your day?' Sacre decided he would quite like to ask the Gods about their day, for some reason, it seemed the answer would be more interesting than any other question. What did an immortal creator do for dinner? Do they even eat dinner? Do they eat? If so, what? If everything from the ground to the sky is theirs… Does it not get boring?

He was brought back from his thoughts by Maren’s voice “yes” he blurted in sudden response before he frowned to consider it properly. Why did she ask that? Did he look… Not alright?. “I- uh- I mean I’m fine thank you” he stumbled to rephrase his answer to not sound ridiculously rude.

“Are you?” He asked in return after a moment to regain his composure and not entirely sure what the situation was.

@Maren <333

There's something wretched about this
Something so precious about this

❚ Force permitted!
❚ Please tag me!

Messages In This Thread
Fires burn riddles into the snow - by Maren - 06-27-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: Fires burn riddles into the snow - by Sacre - 06-30-2015, 12:12 PM
RE: Fires burn riddles into the snow - by Maren - 07-28-2015, 03:42 PM
RE: Fires burn riddles into the snow - by Sacre - 08-14-2015, 04:30 PM