the Rift

A Frozen Baby Bird

Lakota the Poisoner Posts: 278
Deceased atk: 5.5 | def: 9.0 | dam: 4.5
Mare :: Equine :: 15.1hh :: 7 Years HP: 64 | Buff: NOVICE
Aodaun :: Polar Bear :: Terrorize Brit

Where Aodaun had always been her better half, he took the stage once more, distracting and enchanting the young girl with his antics and soft eyes. He was a danger, to be sure. A monstrous thing when the hour turned ugly, when the times called for blood, but he'd always been better at softening sooner than Lakota. So long as the little one was giggling and softening to the pair, Lakota didn't care what either of them had to do. She could see Murtagh so clearly in the child's face, could see him wandering lost and afraid in the looming trees of the Threshold, and could not help but feel the desire to throw herself at Freya's bidding. Ready to do anything to protect the fledgling, already feeling a sense of protectiveness wash over her.

Oh fuck, Ktulu was going to kill her.

It was further heartbreaking to see confusion rather than recognition on Freya's features when she mentioned her son. "Yes, bambino. A foal, like you. He's very nice," the Poisoner made sure to point out, not knowing how deep the wounds ran, how thick or how numerous the scars upon the child's heart and mind. Lakota knew the burden of those scars, flinched imperceptibly to remember them. Could she really be seeing herself in this innocent youth? Maybe in some ways. But Lakota had embraced the darkness of her childhood, becoming bitter and hateful. If she could spare Freya that fate, she would. Surely Ktulu would understand that. 

And so when Freya spoke of her mother, Lakota smiled her best smile, trying to ignore the bloodlust and hatred in her small breast. "We are all very nice in the Falls," she corrected, and while it wasn't exactly true, it held true in regards to foals. Even Archibald softened beneath his children. Freya would be safe, not only because of the fierce morality of those in the Falls (rough and ragged bunch they could be) but because she would be under Lakota's protection. And Lakota would fuck up anyone who messed with the nervous little fae. 

And responding on the topic of her mother...well, the pegasus youth approaching would at least help Freya forget that Lakota hadn't spoken on that particular possibility. 

A flurry of snow - magic? Aodaun said in her head - and then Freya was rushing to hide behind Lakota's legs. Her heart shuddered and melted, and she turned her head to smile encouragingly at the child. The Edge folk were pretty harmless, and a youngling like the one before them even more so. If not...well, Lakota could feel the stirrings of her own magic inside her. Insidious, familiar. Yeah, they'd be fine one way or another. 

Regardless, Freya had made her choice. Even if her halting, fearful words made Lakota frown softly - careful, ever so careful, to not make it look angry. "Your snow is a precious gift, Freya. I have magic, and so does Murtagh and Aodaun. You never need to apologize," was insisted, and Lakota turned slowly so as not to spook the little one that hid behind her legs. "Perhaps when we get to the Falls, we can practice with it? Aodaun loves snow." The bear gave a soft sound of agreement, sprawled on his belly for Freya's sake but still alert, lime eyes on Naerys. Warm violet eyes turned to Freya's face, trying to get her to look Lakota in the eyes. "I would love to take you home with me."

With a brief nod towards Naerys, she gently nudged at Freya. "Let us go then, yes?" She could feed the filly when they were in privacy, if only because she didn't want to explain biology to some fledgling Edge girl. 

---

Thought I'd wrap it up, since I'm not sure if Rottie will be posting! We can switch Freya to Falls now and start a new thread?

Lakota
I was a hot mess in my Sunday best - Black tears in my eyes
Image Credit

@Freya
Please only tag starting posts, spars, and threads collecting dust!
Plot with me here!

Messages In This Thread
A Frozen Baby Bird - by Freya - 06-28-2015, 10:14 PM
RE: A Frozen Baby Bird - by Lakota - 06-29-2015, 01:47 AM
RE: A Frozen Baby Bird - by Blu - 09-23-2015, 10:40 AM
RE: A Frozen Baby Bird - by Freya - 09-24-2015, 05:44 PM
RE: A Frozen Baby Bird - by Naerys - 10-05-2015, 12:29 PM
RE: A Frozen Baby Bird - by Lakota - 10-05-2015, 07:16 PM
RE: A Frozen Baby Bird - by Freya - 10-27-2015, 03:12 PM
RE: A Frozen Baby Bird - by Lakota - 11-07-2015, 11:15 PM