the Rift

As the Storm Comes

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
I am too close of an acquaintance with the reaper to fear death. Everybody dies. Cold sunshine falls around me. Perhaps one day the Sun itself will perish. Doesn't everything have a beginning and an end? I already know my end. It looms in the not so far distance. My past? Well, we never get to know the entire story; do we?

Behind me lays all that I had known. All that I had been told I knew. Faces surrounded me that told me that I loved them; and I did not recognize nor feel a thing for one of them.

I am your sister.

I am your father.

I am your best friend.

Each had introduced themselves with pity in their tones and sorrow in their eyes. It had only been the one that was said to be my mother that failed to introduce herself and kept her distance. My mother was as close to me as my shadow, but still remained just as unreachable.

The Shaman from the wilds was the only one I came to know. It was he that had told me to leave the place where I would only relearn memories lost and told me to instead relearn of the lands forgotten to my stationary herd. He taught me of leaves to eat to dull my pains and then disappeared back to wherever he came from. After he left I followed his advice and began to run until my legs trembled.

In my wandering I had watched a puff of a cloud grow into a small menace, and from there into a daring storm cloud. Dark and grey it floated above me and then, suddenly, it dashed ahead. I followed. I decided that wherever the cloud released its wrath was where I would call home.

The storm falls finally as I step hoof into the dense forest. The naked tree limbs brush their jagged arms against my thick coat. Do they attempt to hold me back? Or do they perhaps usher me forward?

Soon I am carrying a blanket of snow upon my back. Exhaustion hits me as if one of the trees had fallen on top of me. My legs buckle and my head throbs. Laying on the ground I allow the snow from my cloud to take me.

I am sorry this post blows. I haven't written in a while and I am trying to find his voice. I got tired of looking at this post XD

Messages In This Thread
As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-01-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-01-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-02-2015, 04:57 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-13-2015, 01:38 PM