the Rift

As the Storm Comes

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
"Warm? If I grow any warmer I may simply melt." Sarcasm weaves my words together but the chuckle that slips from my upturned lips is genuinely filled with warmth.

Eyes blinking against the snow I wince as one of them lands on my eye. Extending my foreleg I rub my eye. My motion halts as I realize my movement could be taken as a bow. Jerking my head up I arch my neck and stand tall as the pair approaches.

My gaze turns to follow the fleeing companion of Ashamin. What ties such different creatures together? "I am Demothi," I throw my name out casually as I watch Lochan. There are no trumpets sounded for a temporary king. And my existence is no more than that; temporary.

The stallion gleefully reports this land to be Helovia. "Never heard of it," arching an eyebrow I lock eye on the stranger called Ashamin, "I am.. limited on time. Ashamin, if you were I and I you, would you stay in this Helovia?" The ease in my tone and the curve of my lips flattens I haven't the patience nor the time to be wrapped up in any "my home is the best" bull-shit. I want honesty. I want potential.

My head swivels to take in the land around us. All the better that this Helovia be a disaster. I will somehow make a mark with my life. I want my name to be one remembered. I would rather be a story passed to children with the mark of a hero than be an infamous bedtime horror. But I will take whatever course needed to keep from being forgotten to time.

Time. Merely the word is enough to make me scoff. Time is endless yet it still chains us to our mortality. Short is the length it gives; and I was given my life with a few chain links missing. What of this fellow?

"Who are you? Staring off in the distance I wait for his answer with a small dose of patience. "Not your name, beyond that."

Messages In This Thread
As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-01-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-01-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-02-2015, 04:57 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-13-2015, 01:38 PM