the Rift

As the Storm Comes

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

It became quickly clear that whatever it was that was striking up between these two stallions, it was respect at the very least. Ashamin listened with his large ears pointed forward and his narrow chest rising and falling with slow exhales of the cold. Everything the white creature before him said had an importance to him, and Ashamin dared not interrupt. He waited, letting questions pass and the scene change from curiousity to wisdom to sorrow and then, with care, a secret.

Ashamin did not know many things. He was young and he was still, always, learning. But he knew the importance of this stallion sharing his fate, and he would never speak a word of it.

The haruspex started from the end with the intention to return to the beginning, and he started with this: "Your secret will never be mine to share. Your trust means much to me."

His long tail curled up and he let it rest across his back; Lochan advanced further, drawing closer to the stallion and tilting his head. Ashamin wondered what the cerndyr thought of that creature before him, that stallion drawing so close to death. "It is an interesting theory, about your trees," Ashamin went on, his black eyes meeting the stallion's lighter blue ones. "I imagine, though, that once they've grown tall enough their branches must intertwine, if they are planted as close in the soil as they appear to be in the mind."

The painted buck thought of his father. Lochan's head arched back to look up at his bonded with wonder. Already he was able to sense Ashamin's change in moods. "Thank you, for your condolences. The loss of my father has been hard on me. But I have found company in Lochan that appears to be irreplaceable, and I trust he will stay by my side for a long time to come," Ashamin said with a gentle smile and a flick of the tip of his tail. "Many bond to other species, here. It is a process of companionship that was first explained to me in this very wood by the Basin's healer," Ashamin explained.

He wanted to ask this stallion, trapped by his mortality, what else he wanted to know. He didn't want to waste time answering questions that weren't asked. But he didn't have the confidence, not yet, to offer himself as a resource. He could only hope Demothi would come to that conclusion on his own.

If you ask me
who I am I will
tell you, I don't know.

But one question,
locked in debates of religion,
you'll get me started, I'll go.

[[Tagged: @[*Demothi]]]

Credit

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-01-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-01-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-02-2015, 04:57 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-13-2015, 01:38 PM