the Rift

As the Storm Comes

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
An almost slack jawed expression comes briefly. His words telling of the trees of Life and Knowledge tangling intrigue me and I tuck them away to mull over later. He is young but Ashamin may be more deserving of his title than what I had previously thought him to be. He twists my own words in a new manner and they are born anew on his youthful lips.

I wonder how many pass through this wood, and how many of them put it in their minds to stay. What is it about this place that turns an orphan with barely a word to his name into a wise one among his herd? What is it here that bonds two differing species together in such a seamless manner?

"I appreciate your promise of secrecy," should he keep his promise to keep it to himself I will oneway repay him but if he wags his lips I may have to knock the memory from his skull. Although I do feel an a warmth towards Ashamin growing in my chest. He is one that will live his life well. That is much more than what can be said for others I have come across during my time. Ashamin has already found himself farther in life than many older than he.

"Seems to be an outlandish place to bumble upon. Our meeting has been..," I search for the right word. I am sure this meeting will have been one that was crucial for my introduction into this land of his. "Our meeting is one I am thankful for."

I nod my head at his words in regards to his father. The memories of my family were stolen like fruit from a tree's spring leaves left with only its leaves throughout the summer. I find it hard to relate to his loss. Surely family must be difficult to watch be taken by death's shadow. It is good that he has his companion.

The snowfall has accumulated at our feet but its intensity as it falls from the sky has faltered. "The Lady of Ice seems to have tired herself out. Shall we move out whilst she has a restful hour?" I step out from my shelter of naked tree limbs and move towards the open land. Whether Ashamin agrees to my request or not will not change the movement of my hooves. As I pass by his side I gaze forward into the unknown land, "I would like to see your home. Becoming a part of the Aurora Basin of yours is what I have decided I would like to do."

My words are given time to hang in the air before I move forward once more. I stop at the edge of the wood and look back at Ashamin for his thoughts on the matter.

@[Ashamin]

Messages In This Thread
As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-01-2015, 05:25 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-01-2015, 06:10 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-02-2015, 04:57 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-02-2015, 05:48 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 12:07 PM
RE: As the Storm Comes - by Demothi - 07-13-2015, 01:38 PM