the Rift

[PRIVATE] Somewhere Under the Rainbow

Knox Posts: 262
Outcast atk: 4 | def: 7.5 | dam: 6.5
Stallion :: Equine :: 17hh :: 7 Years [Tallsun] HP: 67.5 | Buff: NOVICE
Jen
You're walking in circles.

Knox snaps his gaze back to his companion, who lies several feet away underneath the rotunda's glass canopy, stained with its fading colors; he stands out in the cold. Her paws are crossed over a fallen piece of prey--a fox kit, belly torn, red, and open to the air. Its soft fur stirs in the breeze, its blood trickling slowly over it and beginning to freeze where it sticks between Manhattan's claws. Her bonded's pink eyes are filled with a fury he cannot explain or justify. His nostrils flare--his tail lashes and strikes his own hocks with impatience.

Don't sulk. We've been here before.

She's right but the hunter doesn't care. He wants to growl but his body lacks the capability--he snorts instead, and stamps the frost under his ancestor's hooves. Huric's bloody shoulder shivers from the cold, but Knox's would not. Knox would be strong enough to face this early evening as it stands, littered with snow and somehow seemingly frozen in time.

Wouldn't he?

The hunter doubts himself but does little to show it. Knox wandered towards the Rotunda after letting Anaan have another meeting with that mare he so liked, and now that he is here he doesn't even know why. As far as Manhattan is concerned, it is a shelter from the sky's soft tears and a place to eat her meal in peace. Knox watches, eyes narrowing, as Manhattan's nose disappeared into the hot guts of the dead creature. Her voice is still clear in his mind, even with her mouth full of the fresh kill.

You coming back here because you don't know it, it doesn't have any memories, not like the rest. You go here, you go to those caves. You talk at things you don't know, that mare, let your others talk, talk, talk she thinks to him, eyes shut, throat bulging as she swallows and then relaxing as her bloody tongue lolls out to pant. She is still tired from the chase, simple and quick as it was.

The darker friesian resting inside his ancestor's rose-colored form is impatient. He doesn't want to listen to what she has to say. She's wrong--he's just here because, well, that was where he walked. Damnit, he's just here. But he doesn't have the energy to fight her, and so he just lowers his head where he stands outside the stone umbrella and lets his back gather a thin blanket of snow.

Could have hunted, with me, she goes on, chattering, each remark pointed. Could have all hunted, together, us and family. Manhattan stands at this; she is remembering all that Knox has forced her to leave behind, and she is growing more impatient by the second.

When will you eat crow, talk to Dauntless?

Knox snaps. He lifts his head, then his whole body, and pivots in a rear. He is standing one moment, galloping towards her at the next. His hooves clatter on the stone once he reaches it, and he slows to circle her where she stands. For a moment it looks as if the hunter, coated in rainbow kaleidoscope fragments, will strike. His eyes are a fire, his heart is pounding and the both of them can hear it. Nothing is quiet in their minds, not even when this whole evening is hushed with the whispers of Frostfall.

But nothing of the sort occurs. Knox draws closer, the menacing frown misplaced on Huric's noble features, and snaps his teeth in nothing more than a warning at his companion. He lowers his own muzzle towards the kit, grips it between his teeth and bites down, hard. Somewhere, a bone snaps and an artery tears--veins pop, the blood drips out from between the stallion's ghostly teeth.

"Shut up and let me eat, bitch." he retorts without forgiveness, the words ringing in the air in rejection of the capability of their bond.

Manhattan skulks away, long black tail dragging on the stone. Someday, she will eat her fill. Someday, she will find Loretta and rejoin her pack once more: Knox and his ancestry be damned.

[[For Cheveyo--Let me know if I have magic permission to blind or not (it can be temporary or permanent, up to you,) also Manhattan has magics to terrorize and poison. Idk if any will be used but I like to have my bases covered from the start. :) I left this private but we can open it if you'd like, just let me know. Knox is in the form of Huric right now, there's info on his profile but let me know if you have any questions. ]]

img © nereis01

Messages In This Thread
Somewhere Under the Rainbow - by Knox - 07-01-2015, 06:58 PM
RE: Somewhere Under the Rainbow - by Cheveyo - 07-10-2015, 12:34 PM
RE: Somewhere Under the Rainbow - by Knox - 07-13-2015, 11:47 AM
RE: Somewhere Under the Rainbow - by Cheveyo - 08-06-2015, 10:55 AM