the Rift

[OPEN] Prison, Frigorific

Ashamin the Clovenheart Posts: 426
Outcast atk: 8 | def: 11.5 | dam: 5.5
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 15.2 HH :: 5 [Frostfall] HP: 79 | Buff: NUMB
Lochan :: Plain Cerndyr :: Dark Mist & Rakt :: Common Cerndyr :: Starpast Jen
Ashamin

It struck Ashamin, then, that perhaps this dark newcomer needed a bit of an education. And while the haruspex wasn't sure that anything other than his rank title gave him the qualification to provide one, he felt it to at least be his duty to guide Mortuus to proper schooling.

When the aforementioned darkling spoke, Ashamin let his brow knit in gentle curiousity. Did Mortuus really think that was all healing was? Sunshine and rainbows? Maybe Ashamin was too serious of a fellow, but he considered nothing to be as simple as that, the art of healing especially. He did not know much of Lena's work but he knew it certainly had to be more than that. The fact that the only healers he had ever met were.... rather bubbly mares meant nothing for the sake of the profession.

"I think you misunderestimate the seriousness of the role," Ashamin said with a frown. Lochan wove around his legs, his white eyes fixing with a surprisingly mature sense of gravity upon the countenance of the scarred beast. He turned away from Mortuus, letting the light illuminate the bright gold of his scars. "A healer saved me from the brink of death when these wounds were open. Consider the pain it cause she and I both--there is no lightness in that," Ashamin supplied soberly. It was becoming quickly clear to Ashamin, even as he spoke, that this was not his lesson to teach. Mortuus would have to learn this on his own, and the Haruspex only hoped his words would be heeded.

He no longer faced Mortuus when he spoke. Not out of a lack of respect, but out of a particular interest for the mirror. It had not told him as much as he had expected--not yet. Perhaps he would spend another night gazing. "You may spend the night here and take as much shelter as you need, but morning will come sometime, Mortuus," Ashamin said over his shoulder, wandering further into the depths of his cave as he went. "When it does, seek a member of the healing class. They will tell you of the hurt they have seen and healed, and perhaps then you will reconsider the sunshine and rainbows you expect to find with such yet unfounded certainty."

And with that the Haruspex let his body be carried back into shadow, the flickering flame at his back casting light on the white stones of his hooves and illuminating every fawn-spot on Lochan's aging coat.

Don't deny me my memory,
remember how I bled,
consider how I cried
for help once,
help you could have given with
an ounce of concentration,
respect.

[[@[Mortuus Nox], any. Ashamin is kind of making an exit but Mortuus can follow him if he really wants.]]
image credits

See Ashamin's profile for more information about Lochan, Rakt, and his various items.
All magic and force allowed, barring death and permanent injury.
Do not tag me, please message on skype instead

Messages In This Thread
Prison, Frigorific - by Ashamin - 07-01-2015, 08:23 PM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by Mortuus Nox - 07-01-2015, 09:49 PM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by Ashamin - 07-02-2015, 08:21 AM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by Mortuus Nox - 07-02-2015, 11:30 AM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by Ashamin - 07-03-2015, 10:58 AM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by Mortuus Nox - 07-04-2015, 06:35 PM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by Ashamin - 07-05-2015, 09:48 AM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by Mortuus Nox - 07-05-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by Ashamin - 07-05-2015, 09:59 PM
RE: Prison, Frigorific - by NPC - 07-06-2015, 08:43 PM