the Rift

Crow Feathers

Masanori Posts: N/A
Unregistered
:: :: ::

Masanori

His focus shifted when the pale wolf returned. Ears flickering, nostrils taking scent. It was more than habit to taste and smell the earth and air, water and animal; it was a skill set that he cherished most. At the flash of wolf teeth, a wary rumble bellowed from his chest. Cautionary. The sight of their casual approach to one another however, seemed quite… extraordinary. It made his eyes harden.

The stallion thus kept quiet as she took to words. She had offered a change of face, a smile; yes, he could recognize this but did not mirror it. It made her appear warm and sincere. An assumption he could not easily appraise. It was with a simple nod that he accepted her suggestion.

“I tend to take my chances.” The decision, thus, was made. The mare moved forward, her long legs leading him into this unknown. The paint watched for only a second or two before catching up on her left. Now and then keeping sight of the canine to her right. He decided to keep pace with her. Not minding the thick snow as they plodded forward.

She mentioned the wild beast, Romul, she called it. “Friend?” The stallion echoed. “… what do you mean by friend?” He glanced from where the wolf had taken off, to meet her face. Eyes resting, momentarily, on the distinct white marking upon her face before he guided them out and ahead. Avoiding the direct gaze of her eyes as they walked. And instead, relaxed his neck and shook his head. A single eye, sky blue, was all he had afforded at that moment to discern her queries.

“There is something I seek.” Simply said.

“I can’t say what for.” He swished his tail lazily behind him. “I’ve been traveling for a long time. The road gets rough, but I don’t mind it... And then I came here, I guess. Helovia, you called it? Yeah.”

He scanned the forest to his left. Watching how the tree stumps overlapped one another in the distance.

“I’m not certain if what I seek is here.” It didn’t bother him. The stallion was content on being on his own. The physical terrain had fueled him out there. Although, the further they walked, he became more aware of multiple, lingering scents. Hinting, that this world before him was much more than what he had first anticipated.

“I am Masanori.”

He gave his name like an after thought. Something he had almost forgotten to say.

@[Essetia]

Messages In This Thread
Crow Feathers - by Masanori - 07-08-2015, 11:33 PM
RE: Crow Feathers - by Essetia - 07-09-2015, 02:15 AM
RE: Crow Feathers - by Masanori - 07-09-2015, 11:50 AM
RE: Crow Feathers - by Essetia - 07-09-2015, 07:15 PM
RE: Crow Feathers - by Masanori - 07-10-2015, 02:05 AM
RE: Crow Feathers - by Essetia - 07-10-2015, 09:01 PM
RE: Crow Feathers - by Masanori - 07-11-2015, 06:26 PM
RE: Crow Feathers - by Essetia - 07-12-2015, 09:00 PM