the Rift

[OPEN] sleigh bells ring

Tiamat the Ocean's Light Posts: 360
Aurora Basin Lady atk: 8 | def: 10 | dam: 3
Mare :: Unicorn :: 15.2 :: 6 years HP: 60 | Buff: NOVICE
Nimue :: Common Orca Leviathan :: Boil Reli
The Aurora Basin will always be her home, she is sure of it. That simple fact seems to manifest itself more often, especially since her return to the mountainous valley—and she couldn’t be happier for it. Although her slender frame and satin skin are far from accustomed to this frigid season, Tiamat feels utterly comfortable as she plays in the snow, pushing the flakes together into some semblance of a circular pile. Her warm breath billows in white wisps that surge over the snowy ground, her long tail swishing gently behind her in her contentment.

“What are you doing?”

The unexpected voice that cuts through the quiet cold alarms the blue mare, and she startles a little bit—her slender body coiling as her back bows and her head lowers instinctively—but she is quick to relax when she turns around.

It is a stallion, a stranger to her (although she can struggle sometimes with names, she tends to not forget faces, and this one she knows she would have remembered). He is as black as the darkest night, all of him, except for his ashen gray eyes that stand out against his ebony complexion. Something reflects in the hazy mountain light, what Tiamat notices as some sort of metal copula that encircles one of his large horns—with an emerald stone embedded in the middle. How pretty!

To be perfectly honest, she won’t deny that this guy creeps her out just a little bit, but she chalks it up to her own ignorance and quickly disregards such assumptions. He is a stranger, and as far as she is concerned, potentially a new friend. Oblivious to the darkness that churns and simmers in his cold heart—such is her innocence of the world—Tiamat offers him a bright smile, the gesture natural and pleasant as it spreads across her lips. “Hello!” Her soprano voice chimes through the winter chill, not unlike the shells that tinkle in the thick locks of her dark hair.

“I’m building a snowman!” The ocean mare continues merrily, her smile broadening before she continues. “Or, trying to anyway—a snowman, a sculpture, a bunny, it doesn’t matter; just enjoying myself. Come! Join me, I could use your input,” Tiamat motions for him to move to her side, hardly giving him a chance to refuse as she lowers her dainty head again, pushing more snow into her misshapen pile. Drawing back slightly, she purses her lips, wondering what direction she should go. So many choices!

Tiamat can’t remember the last time that she had built a snowman or anything like it…the last few years have kept her pretty occupied with more important things. It’s nice to be able to enjoy the beautiful weather.

Flicking her long lion-like tail out behind her, the blue mare shifts her attention again to the black stallion, her white eyes resting gently on the coarse lines of his face. “What’s your name, friend?” She smiles again, softer this time, “mine is Tiamat.” She inclines her head in a gesture similar to a delicate curtsy, trying to never forget her manners. Fluted ears prick upwards, trained on the dark stallion as she waits for his reply.

notes; yes they are quite different xD
tag;
@[Mortuus Nox]
“Speech.”
And at last I see the light.
image credits
please tag Tia in all replies!
magic & force are permitted.

Messages In This Thread
sleigh bells ring - by Tiamat - 07-09-2015, 07:06 PM
RE: sleigh bells ring - by Mortuus Nox - 07-10-2015, 12:22 PM
RE: sleigh bells ring - by Tiamat - 07-11-2015, 02:37 AM