the Rift

[OPEN] [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives

Demothi Posts: 14
Up For Adoption
Stallion :: Unicorn :: 16 :: 5
Adoptable
There is more to the Lady of the Basin than what she veils with prettily woven words. I wonder what it is that sparks in her eye so? In a land of ice and snow her eyes tell of passion and fire. It is Ashamin that seems to be cool and collected like the drifting fall of the snow; but there is no ice in him. Two souls profound in their difference stand before me. My thoughts on the pair leaves me to mull over what they have made of me.

"I see a future as a healer for Demothi." 

Ashamin's absentminded suggestion only furthers my wondering at what he think of me. What thoughts go through his head? What is it in me that he sees as a healer? I had considered the possibility of being pushed towards guarding and living the life of a warrior due to my bulk. But I had not seen this decision coming.  

"Who do I need to speak with to begin my learning?" I know nothing of healing. That of my life I have memory of has the persistent shadow of the reaper in view. I had never taken to learning that which would only be a painful reminder of the healing I will never receive. "Having rank would be important to me. I thank you both for opportunity."

"Evil?" My thoughts slow at the word. A protectiveness has grown in me quickly and unnoticed for this pair. "Evil is not easily disbanded. Does it not lie dormant?" My emotions are not entirely made of the noble desire to protect. There is also the selfish desire to be the one to salvage this region from heinous forces through my own efforts.

The mighty wind shrieks at the burden of the cumbersome snow. It slows the passionate wind's wandering with its weight. Even the wind is tied to duty; and what a double edged sword it is. A strange trio we are; taking shelter together is a queen, a rags to riches story, and a beggar wishing to become the hero. Where is the punchline to this joke or the moral to the story that has brought us together?

Messages In This Thread
[WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Ashamin - 07-13-2015, 07:55 PM
RE: [WELCOME] In Our Short Bitter Lives - by Demothi - 08-22-2015, 05:56 PM